New
Find
Notify
Tools

This season in Japan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I hope 2010 is treating you all well. I posted some pics and stories up here last year and there seemed to be some interest in what I have been doing. I have been back at it this year, and now that the five month season is about half over now, I'm finally getting bored of shooting deer and decided to upload some pics for your your enjoyment.

This was the first nice stag of the year for me. I had a real keen hunter over from Australia and he and I took many nice stags during the week he was here. He plans on being back this fall and I am looking forward to it.

Here's another nice stag I took during the rut. There were a few like this in the fall.

This is the last stag I've taken. Standing nearly straight above me, I only noticed that I had again joined the half moon club after getting most the way to the fallen stag and feeling the warm blood rolling down my nose. Confused me at first. I suppose many of you know the feeling.

Another shot in the rut stag.

And another shot 30 min later.

You know there are a lot of deer around when people start putting cranes of their rigs. There are three good stags loaded. Not bad for a sunny afternoon.

Here's another. I'm sorta running out of things to say.

Another. Quite big this guy.

We've got a ton of snow this year. As you can see in this pic it's up to these stag's hind ends. I didn't shoot at these deer. It just didn't seem right as they were struggling plenty and did not even attempt to flee. It gave me time to take a couple pictures, and now after looking at them real good I should've taken the big guy as he is a hog! But it just didn't feel right at the time and that's all that matters.

Here's an interesting shot. A good buddy from back home and I were out one morning, both of us suffering from hangovers, and we came down a road with a log lying across it. Actually it had been there for a couple years but no one had taken the time to cut it or pull it out of the way. The hunters here are the laziest, sorriest, and most stuck up group of people I have ever encountered. Well, we fixed it up real nice and stuck him right on the edge of the road. I'm sure he's still there with about a yard of snow keeping him warm. No doubt one look at his tool and the locals will know who did it.

This season has been fun and there will be many more stags harvested before it is over at the end of March. I'm happy to say that all the deer I've taken this year have been neck or head shot. I'm using federal non-tipped sabots (I'm only allowed a shotgun with my current license) and have lost a few deer with em. These big stags will not be killed past 150yds no matter where they are hit. They flop over, do a big ol roll, get up, look around like "Holy Shit!", then take off with little or no blood trail. It is frustrating to say the least. Lead has been outlawed, (except for waterfowl hunting, which might give you an idea of how backwards things are here) so I am stuck with the barnes federals or remingoton coppers. They put me back $5.25 a pop, so needless to say, I have learned not to miss. If you have any other questions please feel free to fire away as I would be happy to help out.
Eric

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eric,

AWESOME POST!! I was waiting for you to post up and see how your season had went over there!! Like we PM'd about last season, I am dying to get over there with you and do a Sika hunt!
You took some absolute MONSTERS this season! Well done,sir..

This hunt would be SO much fun to do.. Get to see a new place that I've always wanted to see, hunt a new species in that new place, then get a chance to cross Mt Fuji off of my mountain climb list whilst I'm in country, and have alot of the best food on earth while there!! PERFECT trip in my book!

Lets talk, amigo.. PM me

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Great photos,do you have any more?? Thanks for posting these.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great post. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could do that for a week or two!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Those are some awesome Sika Eric, congrats. FYI: if you can get any Winchester Supreme "tipped" sabots, they are the best I've found. I have to use a shotgun in IL for Deer, and they are very accurate in my slug gun (Benelli SBE). On my last hunt, I tagged a nice buck at 125 yards. Not a rifle, but man what a difference in accuracy. About $19 per 5 here at home. Good hunting, David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info David. Those supremes are not unleaded and I can't get them. I get quite satisfactory accuracy with the barnes, 1.5-2.0 inch groups at 100 meters. The un-tipped 1500fps class sabots perform much better than the 1700-1900fps stuff in my hastings 870. They work well on does at long range, my longest shot so far is 210 meters. After missing high twice the third hit the neck and dropped her. The big stags will be in the 400 pound class and penetration is just not sufficient even on neck or head. I have on occasion thought I have missed, only to find a dead neckshot deer 50 yards away. Most of the time though, the rug is pulled straight out and there is zero tracking.

Nakihunter- I know you have these sika down there, do they seem to be the same size or are these purebloods perhaps bigger?

More pics? I don't have that many more actually. Shooting these things can kind of get old hat and we don't always take pics, but I'll throw up some from years past.

Scotty, I have to say other than the constant diarrhea the food is excellent here! You PM me.

My buddies beloved loveless knife.

A tasteless pic from a couple weeks ago.

Hard to miss these sheds.

Here are some older shots that I have posted before. Enjoy!

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Eric... awesome photos of some nice stags !

What is involved for an American to hunt in Japan... license, gun permit, access to property, etc.
... and how long does it take to put the required permits in place ?

I am often in Japan on business with a few days of down time. I would love to get in the field to hunt those fantastic looking deer... or even tag along as an observer to just experience the hunt.

Also, in what area does your hunting take place ?
... I will be in Nagoya and maybe Tsukuba next week attending to business.
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought that there was no hunting or gun ownership allowed in Japan?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eric,sent you a PM about hunting there hope you can help out with some information

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ghostbird
one of us
Picture of ghostbird

Posted 23 January 2010 18:05 Hide Post

What is involved for an American to hunt in Japan... license, gun permit, access to property, etc.

I am often in Japan on business with a few days of down time. I would love to get in the field to hunt those fantastic looking deer... or even tag along as an observer to just experience the hunt.

quote:

Andy, it would be impossible for you, and most likely anybody reading this, to obtain a gun permit here. Case closed.
Otherwise, it's in your mailbox.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
zhaba
one of us

Posted 24 January 2010 08:40 Hide Post
Eric,sent you a PM about hunting there hope you can help out with some information

I got your message... will be replying..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's another picture of some horns. I am lucky enough to have permission on a farm that's chock full of stags. I'm the only guy allowed on and have had quite a bit of fun there this year. We have a decent pile of sheds there just from walking the first couple months of the season.

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hokkaido:
quote:
ghostbird
one of us
Picture of ghostbird

Posted 23 January 2010 18:05 Hide Post

quote:

Andy, it would be impossible for you, and most likely anybody reading this, to obtain a gun permit here. Case closed.
Otherwise, it's in your mailbox.

So you won't tell us why it's possible for you?

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I didn't realize that I am obliged to. But since you asked, it's because:
1- I live here.
2- I followed these 13 easy steps clearly outlined below.

Now that I think about it, maybe it isn't so hard after all. When will you be signing up?

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric... the application process seems perfectly clear now. Smiler
I think it will be the "resident" part that will be a problem ! Wink
Andy

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for posting, a very interesting view at a country not exactly known as a hunting destination.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Eric, so noted on the lead issue. Too bad, they really work well. I have a Rem 870 w/hastings barrel. I used Rem premium Barnes (hollow points/solid copper) but they flew all over the place for me, and that shotgun kicks harder than a .416 Rigby shocker But then again, my 870 has a synthetic stock and forearm. Never tried the Winchesters in my 870. Once I went to the Benelli slug barrel, no need to. Those are some awesome Sika. My understanding, and please advise, there are 3 main species of Sika: Japanese, Manchurian and Formosan. Each getting larger within the species as listed? Your's are definately toads!
Good hunting and thanks for posting,
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I didn't realize that I am obliged to. But since you asked, it's because:
1- I live here.
2- I followed these 13 easy steps clearly outlined below.

Now that I think about it, maybe it isn't so hard after all. When will you be signing up?

I won't be. I simply thought it would be nice of you. You are under no obligations to any of us. I just thought it would be real civil of you but instead you decided to be smarmy. I won't lose any sleep.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slug, I agree with you 100%.

Hok, good going there my friend! You just ruined a nice thread by giving a smug, wise-ass answer to a fellow member who showed interest in YOUR hunt.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....Nakihunter- I know you have these sika down there, do they seem to be the same size or are these purebloods perhaps bigger? ....

Eric

Most of our Sika are pure bread as far as I know. There are some red deer hybrids in some fringe areas.

Our animals look slightly smaller than yours. The antlers here are smaller mostly because of the hunting pressure. We hunt all year and are allowed to shoot any deer we see or want to. Many are culled from helicopters and also poisoned. Our very best heads would be almost as good as yours. But they are extremely rare. I have never seen a big stag in the wild in the 90+ hunting days I have spent in the bush over the last 15 years. Our big stags may go 300 lbs. Your photos of 5 or 6 stags in a mob is incredible. Here the lucky guys may see one master stag & a satellite stag with it or a young spiker. Our bush is very thick and visibility is very poor - most animals (80%) are shot within 30 meters. I would say that 50% are shot within 30 meters. They are very sneaky & squeal at you from 3 meters & give you a big scare.

I really envy you mate. Thanks for sharing.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Boy ... there sure are some uptight people on here !
... the original question about why he could hunt was phrased a little smartass to me. I don't see where anybody has ruined this thread...
...yet... Roll Eyes
Thanks again for sharing Eric.
Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ghostbird:

Andy, maybe I was thinking about Pearl Harbor patriot when I posted that last night, but his response did sound arrogant to me.

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghostbird:
... the original question about why he could hunt was phrased a little smartass to me. I don't see where anybody has ruined this thread...
...yet... Roll Eyes
Andy

Seriously? You think I was being a smartass? Can you suggest an alternate way for me to have posed my question? What, maybe I should have added some cute emoticons to show how harmless my question was? Roll Eyes Hokkaido posted an intriguing thread to which many peoiple are curious. I simply posed the question. If that inflames your sensibilities, too bad. I had no ill intent, just curiosity.

-+-+-

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
You can see NZ Sika deer pics here

www.airchartertaupo.co.nz
www.helisika.co.nz

These are helicopter & bush plane operators who fly you into the back blocks. This will give you a good idea about hunting in the North Island.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eric, so noted on the lead issue. Too bad, they really work well. I have a Rem 870 w/hastings barrel. I used Rem premium Barnes (hollow points/solid copper) but they flew all over the place for me, and that shotgun kicks harder than a .416 Rigby shocker But then again, my 870 has a synthetic stock and forearm. Never tried the Winchesters in my 870. Once I went to the Benelli slug barrel, no need to. Those are some awesome Sika. My understanding, and please advise, there are 3 main species of Sika: Japanese, Manchurian and Formosan. Each getting larger within the species as listed? Your's are definately toads!
Good hunting and thanks for posting,
David

David, been a bit busy lately. I am pretty happy with these fed barnes, but sure would love to try some hornady, hastings, or those expensive winchesters. After seeing how bad penetration is on these big stags, which I think would be just smaller than a spike elk, I don't think these would work for crap on elk, not that anybody would want to try anyway.

After looking all around for a good gun I went with the 870 as I can switch barrels and hunt ducks all in the same day, which is important as I probably am not allowed two guns. A new express with deer barrel costs $1200! I nearly went that route but luckily found a 25 year old wingmaster with a slighty used hastings paradox. The barrel looked nearly brand new, probably has something to do with the price of shells here. CRYBABY
Recoil with the stock pad was brutal! I switched to a limbsaver and it gets squished so much that the scope is bumping me every now and then,(even with the 5 inches ER on the leupold slug scope) whereas that didn't happen with the old chunk of rubber that came stock. But the limbsaver sure does take the recoil out. The first time I shot it, I thought it was a dud! I stood there thinking "Damn I'm good! I can't miss!" Took me a few seconds..

I really don't know much about the other species of sika, which in Japanese simply means "deer". But after visiting wiki I think you got the order right. There are smaller deer on the mainland, but there is no reason for me to go when I've got these big guys ten minutes from the house.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eric

Most of our Sika are pure bread as far as I know. There are some red deer hybrids in some fringe areas.

Our animals look slightly smaller than yours. The antlers here are smaller mostly because of the hunting pressure. We hunt all year and are allowed to shoot any deer we see or want to. Many are culled from helicopters and also poisoned. Our very best heads would be almost as good as yours. But they are extremely rare. I have never seen a big stag in the wild in the 90+ hunting days I have spent in the bush over the last 15 years. Our big stags may go 300 lbs. Your photos of 5 or 6 stags in a mob is incredible. Here the lucky guys may see one master stag & a satellite stag with it or a young spiker. Our bush is very thick and visibility is very poor - most animals (80%) are shot within 30 meters. I would say that 50% are shot within 30 meters. They are very sneaky & squeal at you from 3 meters & give you a big scare.

I really envy you mate. Thanks for sharing.

I know how it is when they bark at you, even when they are 30-40 meters away it damn sure gets your attention! There are big bear here and in the fall I get nervous every now and then, like when I'm going through something so thick I can't see past the tip of my gun. Then a damn doe screams at you at close range and you about shit your pants! Got the gun up looking for anything, anything that moves, but of course you see nothing. You just stand there feeling ripped off.

I looked at those links you posted up. Nearly all the stags on there I would pass on, but with all that pressure it's amazing you have any deer at all. I see dead stags like that in the woods that people just leave the horns on. Saw one this morning actually, shoulda took a picture, I'll do it tomorrow for you to see. Maybe I should get my shit together and put together a video of the stags and hunting here.
The season here is five months a year, a stag a day, all the hinds you can hit. But it is very easy to get a culling license (after you have a hunting license of course), and deer hunting is on all year. I know two or three guys who shoot 200+ deer a year. I'm a rookie with only 50-60 this season. Wink Most hunters are old and don't stray far from their suv, which leaves a lot of country for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picture of ghostbird

Posted 26 January 2010 17:19 Hide Post
...yet... Roll Eyes
Andy

Don't worry Andy, it's not your fault. People from the northeast just inherently don't like me. Not that I give a shit middlefinger

Slug, I get the whole "How do I get a license like you?" thing pretty often, and I understand why. It's just that it really is impossible for anybody reading this. Sometimes people don't believe it and I get PMs with people all pissed that I don't explain everything. I have been posting pics and stories for the last couple years and somehow it all ends up in a big ball of shit. Arrogant? Not really. Let's just keep it to hunting and the such this year. "Slug", as in you hunt with slugs? Unfortunately I do as well and I have the half moons to prove it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leopardtrack
one of us
Slug, I agree with you 100%.

Hok, good going there my friend! You just ruined a nice thread by giving a smug, wise-ass answer to a fellow member who showed interest in YOUR hunt.
Posted 26 January 2010 18:15

quote:
Leopardtrack
one of us

Posted 26 January 2010 18:15 Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ghostbird:

Andy, maybe I was thinking about Pearl Harbor patriot when I posted that last night, but his response did sound arrogant to me.

"Sometimes when I read a post, it conjures up the image of some Gomer sitting in the basement on an old PC, in a food-stained T-Shirt and boxer drawers, launching his "Pearls of Wisdom" for the rest of the planet to learn from !!!LOLOL"

by Biebs

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pics - those are some nice animals.

Do you ever use calls during the rut? This is a popular tactic for sika here in the UK.

The sika is considered quite an agressive animal here, they often have broken antlers after the rut. Is this something you see there?

Also - what is it about the local hunters that you dislike so much? Or do they dislike foreignors hunting their deer?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So how did you get your license??

You say that you "live here" but from what I understand, even a natural-born Japanese person (and you don't look like one) is not allowed to have a firearm.

Seriously, this is a sincere question.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I googled Japan+hunting & got this http://www.google.co.nz/search...z=1R1WZPB_en___NZ340

There is a lot on hunting dolphins, whales, jobs & even marriage! But nothing on deer hunting!

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't have any interest in hunting in Japan. I've been there before and enjoy the people. I have several friends there from my days teaching at an international school.

Please don't take this as an insult but it just doesn't interest me. I'd rather hunt Africa or Alaska and it's got to be astronomically expensive, like everything else in Japan. I was simply asking about how someone might be allowed to do this, especially a gaijin, when the vast majority of the citizenry there could never take part. That's the only motive I had. Really.

-+-+-

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
By the way, I'd really hate for this place to become so pc that we'd all have to ask questions in a totally kiss-ass fashion to ensure we don't offend anyone. If you spend your life looking to be offended, you will be successful.

-+-+-

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hokkaido,

I would agree with others that your answer was rude. I have spent some time in Japan, mostly with Oji Paper. I found the Japanese to be very nice. If you translated your answer and asked 10 guys on the street what they thought, I am quite sure most Japanese would consider your answer rude.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Hokkaido,

I would agree with others that your answer was rude.

Hokk,
I guess it's not just us "northeasterners" who think you are rude.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Slug

Posted 28 January 2010 05:21 Hide Post
By the way, I'd really hate for this place to become so pc that we'd all have to ask questions in a totally kiss-ass fashion to ensure we don't offend anyone. If you spend your life looking to be offended, you will be successful

Good Enough! And I'd really hate for this place to become so phuked that we'd all have to answer questions in a totally kiss-ass fashion to ensure we don't offend anyone. If you spend your life looking to be offended, you will be successful

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Would it kill you to be civil while you're on this board? No one's forcing you to answer any questions. You can refuse without being a smarmy prick, however. Remember, you're the one who started this thread. Did you really expect that nobody would ask that question? you seem to have an "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude. Grow up.

-+-+-

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, I don't have any interest in hunting in Japan. I've been there before and enjoy the people. I have several friends there from my days teaching at an international school.

Please don't take this as an insult but it just doesn't interest me. I'd rather hunt Africa or Alaska and it's got to be astronomically expensive, like everything else in Japan.
The slug

Then the question that begs is "What the fuck are you doing on this thread then?" Last time I checked, there were real nice sections totally devoted to hunting in Africa and Alaska! You have added nothing of substance here,and I think maybe you should go play with your Lincoln Logs now.

quote:

Posted 28 January 2010 10:36 Hide Post
Would it kill you to be civil while you're on this board? No one's forcing you to answer any questions. You can refuse without being a smarmy prick, however. Remember, you're the one who started this thread. Did you really expect that nobody would ask that question? you seem to have an "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude. Grow up.

Well, Mr Corncob Stuck in Ass, Your attitude seems to be " Since I have no home or balls of my own to play with, I'll go to someone else's and bash his." What the fuck are you doing here? ALL of your posts are completely worthless. You are wasting space on my 24in monitor. Your next post should have nothing to do with anything other than hunting, it's time for you to go troll somewhere else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It too bad Eric, that each and everytime you post your pics of your hunts in Japan on this board, that this shit has to happen.. EVERYTIME and EVERY YEAR it seems!! And it always seems to be you getting the 5th degree on what a white boy is doing hunting where he "shouldn't" be..

Keep the pics coming!! Some of us DO enjoy them, in addition to the African threads, AK threads, gun threads, etc..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hokkaido,

The issue here is that when someone asked about hunting, you could have said, "Hey, it is really hard, you have to speak and read the language, etc."

It would be as if you asked me about my 21 day big four hunt in Africa and my response was, "Don't worry about it; you can't afford it anyway."

Get it?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote