THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Japan:Bear shot dead after rampage through military base, airport, injures four
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Japan:Bear shot dead after rampage through military base, airport, injures four
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/w...ase-airport-n1271273

Link has video and article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not know there were bears in Japan.
I would have thought they would be hunted out hundreds of years ago.

M

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
on hokaido island the brown bears there are not nice.

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Clark:
I did not know there were bears in Japan.
I would have thought they would be hunted out hundreds of years ago.

M

Yeah, any resemblance to a Grizzly is purely coincidental. Wink One has to wonder how they got there. Japan isn't Vancouver Island, or Kodiak. Confused

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Yeah I hunted Bears up there with a Bow a few years back & it was a little dicey in the Sasa Sasa forest, most people up there are terrified of the Bears & there are a lot of attacks with people killed, these are same as Brown Bears in Russia/North America & can be very large, that was a baby Bear that one !

The other Islands have the smaller Asian Black Bear but he is also very aggressive with a lot of attacks from them also.

Lots of animals/game & Wilderness in Japan, it is a fantastic country & much under rated by most.

Northern Hokkaido puts you in mind of North America the Natives up there have totem poles & carve Bears, Owls & Salmon like the Indians of North America, even some of there music is similar !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
We had a client from Hokkaido years ago who said he was a forester. He looked at some of my guns and began talking about guns and got around to high end English guns. His knowledge of H&H, WR, Purdey and Rigby was astounding so I asked more about him.
A "forester" means one who owns the forest and he owned many thousands of acres on Hokkaido and said they killed numerous bears on his land every year and he carried a 444 Marlin in his vehicle !

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the sun bear is a resident of japan. But it's just kind of a short-haired black bear with a big orange colored U spot on it's chest. That looked like a grizzly/russian brown bear that I didn't know they had.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
No Asian Black Bear or Moon Bear is on the other islands of Japan, larger than Sun Bear both are mean as bears but more people killed by Ezo or Brown Bear some have been shot as large as Kamchatkan Bears or Alaskan Browns !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote