THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    The Royal Bengal Man Killer of Sunderkahl, 2011
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Royal Bengal Man Killer of Sunderkahl, 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted
Thought l mite share this in a thread as some may find it interesting, particularly Tiger enthusiasts.
Many years of reading Corbetts books over and over inspired my trip to India in 2011 and never in a million years did l ever imagine what l would come to witness. It was as though l had stepped back a 100 yrs in time.
A young rogue male which had taken 6 villagers from Nov 2010 to Jan 2011 before it was gunned down by officials on this morning while l was the first car stuck at a road block 100m from it's last victim.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your link doesn't work.

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Your link doesn't work.

Go to Youtube.com and type Maneater of Senderkahl.

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
My Apologies, try this, it works at my end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wbzzT5TKt4

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Hi Monkeyhunter, I gotta ask if you actually hunt monkeys?
I can imagine the Phillipines to be a very wild place for Sport & Game Hunting, the game birds of that region are exceptional.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. Corbett's books were some of the best hunting tales ever written.

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed and having witnessed humans dealing with such an occurrence turns tales into nightmares. Imagine being a farmer living in fear with the Champawat man eater or the leopard of Rudraprayag back at the turn of last century.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sforbsy:
Yes indeed and having witnessed humans dealing with such an occurrence turns tales into nightmares. Imagine being a farmer living in fear with the Champawat man eater or the leopard of Rudraprayag back at the turn of last century.

I think living at Champawat or Rudraprayag would even be a risk of Tiger even today. Perhaps not as bad though.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed Ozhunter.
I will say though, when l was in the Corbett Park, everyday l would see infant children playing in the forests while their parents would work clearing the aftermath of monsoonal rain destruction and no more than 200m from where they work & play l sat and listen to the resident big male Tiger roar in rut and if you have never heard this sound, l tell you that you will not be mistaken and you will instantly know what the hell made that noise. His roar sometimes goes on for minutes and to my amazement this does not stop the children from playing or the parents from working.