New
Find
Notify
Tools

China open?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was told yesterday by a reliable source that the people we hunted with in China in 1997 were at DSC yesterday. I was also told that this gentleman stated unequivocally that blue sheep hunting is open once again. That is the only thing open.

Interesting.

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
That would be incredible. Ken Wilson told me it was one of his biggest adventures in his life.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Blue Sheep hunt booked and paid for in 2008....until China told me not to come hunt there!
I've always wanted to go back!

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a few more details. I am told that 20 sheep were taken in 2017, all by Chinese nationals. It appears that it will open to others in 2018 or 2019.

Contact Greg Brownlee.

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry.

To clarify - Some Chinese clients were able to hunt blue sheep, but they have yet to get foreign hunting clients into the country. There is a sort of "PAC" working on the issue and the hope is that 18-24 months from now permits for foreigners will be issued for blue sheep.

Having said that; with the exception of local hunters successfully hunting sheep recently, this is a similar story to what's been going around for the last several years. China has been "almost open again" since it closed over 10 years ago. We will stay on top of it, but will not be holding my breath for the tags to be issued to foreign clients until I see one in my hands.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up if China begins hunting again, get a 10 year multiple entry visa. Went to China last May when husband did the Great Wall Marathon, amazing country.

Really hope the opening happens.

Most U.S. passport holders eligible for Chinese short term business (M) and tourist (L) visas will be issued multiple-entry visas valid for 10 years. In order to be eligible for 10 year visas, US passport holders must have more than 1 year validity remaining on their passport. US passport holders with 1 year or less remaining on their passport will be issued a China visa with less than 1 year validity. The Chinese Consulate will make the final decision about the length of the visa. Once a 10 year visa has been issued, the validity of the visa does not expire if the holder renews his/her passport. The visa holder can travel carrying the old passport with valid Chinese visa along with the new passport. The cost for the visas will remain the same.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We did the hunt in 97. The things we saw on the drive in were truly amazing. I hope this happens.