New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 more days till lift off
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Getting excited for my Tur hunt. Any last minute words of advice or things to take?

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you're walking like 30 miles a day! lol

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it and don't sweat it
It's only life

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Caucas mountains can deliver miserable weather in these late season hunts, so my advise is that you gear up accordingly, just in case.

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
looks like a fair bit of snow there so be prepared.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Have fun and " Go Gethim "

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Thierry! Wish I was over there hunting Lions and Leopards looking at the weather lol
Looks like about -5 celcius at night which isn't bad and about 4 inches of snow from what Mirbala is saying. Hopefully the mountains are clear and I can see is the mnain thing. It will be interesting hunting there this time of year and I got my fingers crossed. At least I know I am in good hands with Mirbala

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot better than it did a few weeks ago...no snow at spike camp. Hunter last week missed a 36-incher.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we are going to Guba area TJ. It must be a different camp than you went to? I couldn't find Guba on the map but I suspect it is Quba area. He goes there because if the weather turns bad you can still access the area. Hope it goes well. Sounds like Pat got it done in the last hr of daylight and it is no cakewalk even though there are a lot of animals around.

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Ah okay. I was talking with one of the guides from Sheki. Ya we both got in many hours after daylight several days in a row. Good luck.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
How did it go?

ANTON

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pics. Pics. Pics!!!

Posts: 10136 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Already posted my hunt report. Smiler