THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Turkish Airlines issues letter US passengers visa stop/UPDATE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish Airlines issues letter US passengers visa stop/UPDATE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://eturbonews.com/167178/...passengers-visa-stop

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Crap... I'm flying to Turkey to hunt Bezoar ibex next month. I hope this is cleared up before I leave. I have already had a hunt in Khazakastan canceled a couple of months before flying out and now this? Maybe Asia is not my next great hunting destination anymore!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7510 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bwanamrm,

Care to elaborate on the Kazakhstan cancellation? I was thinking that would be my next trip.

Thanks,
Ski+3

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like we are SOL on trying to hunt Asia this year Russ.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Skibum... you have a pm.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7510 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.fragomen.com/knowl...tual-visa-suspension

2017-10-09

Information on U.S.-Turkey Mutual Visa Suspension

United States/Turkey
Executive Summary
A diplomatic dispute has resulted in the following travel restrictions between the United States and Turkey:
U.S. citizens will not be issued Turkish sticker visas, e-visas or border visas on or after October 9, 2017.
U.S. citizens already holding valid sticker visas, e-visas or border visas issued prior to October 9, 2017 can enter Turkey.
U.S. citizens with valid work and/or residence cards can travel in and out of Turkey at this time.
Nonimmigrant visa services at the U.S. Mission to Turkey are currently suspended. Immigrant visa services are not affected.
These restrictions are in place until further notice.
The situation
The United States has suspended nonimmigrant visa services at the U.S. embassy in Ankara, Turkey, after the arrest of a Turkish employee of the embassy. In response, Turkey has imposed travel restrictions on U.S. citizens traveling to Turkey.
Travel restrictions on U.S. citizens traveling to Turkey
Suspension of new visa issuance. Effective October 9, U.S. citizens cannot obtain Turkish physical sticker visas, e-visas or border visas. U.S. citizens arriving in Turkey today, October 9, may not be allowed to purchase a sticker visa at the Turkish border, passport police officers have indicated.
Effect on current visa holders. U.S. citizens holding valid sticker visas, e-visas or border visas issued prior to October 9, 2017 can enter Turkey.
Effect on inactivated visa holders. Holders of e-visas or Assembly, Maintenance and Service (AMS) visas issued prior to October 9 but that are not yet activated by an entrance to Turkey prior to October 9 will not be allowed to enter Turkey.
Effect on work/residence permit holders. U.S. citizens with valid work and/or residence cards can travel in and out of Turkey at this time. It is not yet known whether or how they will be affected in the future.
Duration of restrictions. The restrictions on U.S. citizens were imposed on October 8, and will remain in place until further notice.
More information. If you have questions about the visa restrictions, contact your designated Fragomen professional. We will provide updates as they become available.
Impact of nonimmigrant visa suspension at U.S. posts in Turkey
Nonimmigrant visa suspension. The U.S. Mission to Turkey has suspended all nonimmigrant visa services at its diplomatic facilities in Turkey, according to a statement released yesterday. This includes B-1/B-2, H-1B and L-1 visa issuance.
Immigrant visa services. Immigrant visa services are not affected by the suspension.
Current visa holders. Although the U.S. government has not addressed current visa holders, Turkish nationals holding valid U.S. visas should not be affected by the suspension and should be able to travel to the United States, provided they are otherwise admissible.
More information. If your organization has Turkish nationals with U.S. travel needs, please contact your Fragomen professional to discuss options, including the possibility of obtaining a nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. consulate in another country.
We worked closely with the Bener Law Office in Istanbul to prepare this alert. It is for informational purposes only. If you have any questions, please contact the immigration professional with whom you work at Fragomen.
© 2017 Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP, Fragomen Global LLP and affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Discover more Fragomen Immigration Alerts here.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
They should be aware we shoot turkey here

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Turkish Airlines lied to me. They told me they would have my Rifle at Alaskan Air at 4:00am last Saturday to catch my 7:15am flight home. Guess what? The rifle didn't show and I missed my flight out of JFK. Alaskan Air rescheduled me later in the day. Turkish Air said it was locked up off site and no one would be available to unlock the Warehouse until Monday. They told me since it was out of the Airport they could ship it as Cargo and it would be in Seattle last Wednesday It has been a week and it is still in New York!!!

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.reuters.com/articl...ng-row-idUSKBN1EM1AX

U.S., Turkey mutually lift visa restrictions, ending months-long row

Ece Toksabay, Tuvan Gumrukcu
3 MIN READ

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - The United States and Turkey lifted all visa restrictions on Thursday after Washington said Ankara had kept to assurances no further U.S. mission staff would be targeted for performing official duties, following detention of two earlier this year.

But Turkey swiftly denied having granted such assurances in the affair that has tested relations since the two local employees of the U.S. consulate in Istanbul were held on suspicion of ties to last year’s failed coup against President Tayyip Erdogan.

The United States suspended visa services at its missions in Turkey in October and Turkey reciprocated. In November, Washington said it was resuming limited services upon getting assurances on the safety of its local staff.

“Based on adherence to these assurances, the Department of State is confident that the security posture has improved sufficiently to allow for the full resumption of visa services in Turkey,” the U.S. Embassy in Ankara said on Thursday.

It said the United States continued to have concerns about the two employees detained.

Turkey, while announcing the end of restrictions on the issue of visas to U.S. citizens, took issue with the U.S. declaration.

“We do not find it right for the United States to claim it had received assurances from Turkey and misinform the U.S. and Turkish publics,” the Turkish Embassy in Washington said in a statement.

Turkey’s lira firmed to 3.78 against the U.S. dollar after the statement, its highest level since Oct. 31, and the main share index BIST100 climbed 2.08 percent to reach its highest closing level ever.

Relations between the two NATO allies have become strained in the last year with Turkey angered by what it sees as the U.S. reluctance to hand over Fethullah Gulen, whom Turkey blames for the coup attempt in July of 2016.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news for those of us having to fly through Istanbul.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Or to Istanbul!

- Rudyard Kipling