Notify
Tools

Mid asian Ibex, where?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all.
Where to go for a mid asian Ibex?
I am ok with walking, climbing and spike camps.

Thanks all.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kyrgyzstan or Kazakstan!

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
While technically not mid-Asian ibex, they are a close cousin in Mongolia. If I were just going for ibex, I think that's where I'd go...more for the cultural experience than anything. If you are looking for a real monster, then likely Kyrgyzstan.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for tips.
Not just after a monster ibex, more also to se different terrain then I am used to, cultural and other game in the area.
Peter Andres, you also hunted ibex in Kazakhstan?
Sheephunterab, Mongolia is very interesting, thanks for the tip.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted them in Kyrgyzstan. The hunt was good and I saw hundreds of ibex, as well as argalis. I have not hunted in Kazakstan for them but I would like to in the future. My main Asian contact conducts hunts there as well Kyrgyz. I saw foxes and both wolf and snow leopard tracks. The culture thing in Kyrgyz is a view into a different work compared to the "west".

Mongolia is most likely next on my mountain hunting agenda. It has the Altai ibex (this type can be hunted in Russia as well) as well as the Gobi variety. Many other species of game there and, of course, the cultural experience there is huge.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information.
The terrain in Kyrgyzstan will be something new to me, also the cultural experience.
Oh, well have to do some more, a lot, reading before I nail it down.

Have a good day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Greg Brownlee who posts here. He is an ibex addict.

918 299 3580

Posts: 10097 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Norwegian outfitter Ansten Østbye. he has something to offer !

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of acteon
posted Hide Post
I hunted mid-Asian Ibex (11 in total) in Mongolia & Kyrgyzstan & Kazakhstan & Uzbekistan and would recommend Mongolia Altai for scenery, Kazakhstan Tian Shan for reliability & excellent trophies.

Posts: 43 | Location: Sologne, France | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the information.
Acteon, Uzbekistan, how was it there? A country I have not read so much about.

Have a good day.

One of Us
Picture of acteon
posted Hide Post
Uzbekistan unfortunately is now closed to hunting - at least for foreigners. In 2000 after a week shooting teal & duck & (truly wild) pheasant I moved to a mountain bordering Tajikistan and hunted an Ibex (38' trophy)and a Siberian roe deer, also spotted a bear and a wolf on same mountain.

Posts: 43 | Location: Sologne, France | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information.

Have a good day.