New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tur in Azerbaijan - June 2015
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Booked a hunt with Mirbala for June 2015. As of now I am the only one going. Anyone else interested in this hunt? Shoot me a PM. I don't mind sharing camp.

It will be in the Sheki region. I picked June because its the start of the season. Animals are not as spooked. It was also recommended to me by someone I trust who has done the hunt many times. And June is great because it doesn't interfere with any of those fall hunts we might have going on.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in June with Mirbala, and I am sure that you will have a great time. Keep in mind that in June the capes will be not the best, because they are losing lots of hair at this time of year.

good luck

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
Yeah that seems to be the only downside. But I don't care much about the cape so that's just fine with me.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What's the price for the hunt?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$8500

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
It's an absolutely incredible hunt and extremely well organized. Poor quality capes will be the only downside to hunting that time of year. It's one hunt I would definitely do again....and again!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mirbala is great. I just got back and did my hunt the first week in November. The capes were real nice and the hunt was not that cold at all. Good luck. I wish I was going again but I got a marco polo and Ibex on my mind for the next adventure

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would you guys recommend taking your own tent? Like a small one man (aka two man)?

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Their gear was first class and we each had our own tent when I was there. Food was great too.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Quaba and had a hot shower and a single bed to sleep in every night in a heated cabin lol Only issue was climbing the darn mountain from the base every day instead of being up top is all.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
This was our camp in Shecki...it was a bit flatter than it looks...lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good! thanks for the pics.

One of Us
Picture of huntingineurope
posted Hide Post
I'll probably leave in late August.

Is there anyone here who has hunted in ismailli district.

quote:
Ismailly district has a rich nature. The forests are composed of oak, hornbeam, beech-tree, alder-tree, birch-tree, poplar, pear, spoke and other trees. Such fauna as elk, mountain goat, chamois, deer, roe deer, bear, boar, lynx, fox, wolf, squirrel, coon, pheasant, partridge, eagle, falcon, tetra and others are found in the forests. wikipedia

SCI Life Member
www.allanvester.dk

Posts: 111 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 02 January 2011Reply With Quote