THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Jim Shockey's hunt with me in Pakistan.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Shockey's hunt with me in Pakistan.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Love the photos and the info on the hunts! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shockey really immerses himself in his hunts. I admire that guy for a number of reasons.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i am somtimes wondering how his trophy room would look like if he wasnt this popular and how big bucks

Posts: 139 | Location: Canada | Registered: 08 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pir_Danish:
a very dear friend of mine from America once said something which is so true, " Governments might have problems with Governments but People DO NOT have problem with people".

Amen, and Amen!

Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures and descriptions! I always enjoy seeing them...even if from afar!

Best wishes,

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEUTONIC:
i am sometimes wondering how his trophy room would look like if he wasn't this popular and how big bucks

can you please translate that for us??- how big bucks???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i am somtimes wondering how his trophy room would look like if he wasnt this popular and how big bucks

Not sure what you mean, but Shockey created an outdoor business using several sources of revenue. He is not only a great hunter, but a successful businessman.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FREAKING AWESOME... AS ALLWAYS WOW

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Jim's Gold Medal Urial:

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good businessman doensneccesarry means good hunter,how about those people who are limmited and they cannot afford all those expensive trips,theu trophy room being empty doesnt make them bad hunters,just my 2 cents,i dont imagine my hunting vreer ,beside me have camera man,all neccesarry luxury,and post all those photos and call yourself good hunter,good hunters are ordinary people,quides,who live with nature 365 days per year,sorry for my bad english but this is how i feel,u can disagree of course,if we all think the same some people would be still monkeys

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
good businessman doensneccesarry means good hunter,how about those people who are limmited and they cannot afford all those expensive trips,theu trophy room being empty doesnt make them bad hunters,just my 2 cents,i dont imagine my hunting vreer ,beside me have camera man,all neccesarry luxury,and post all those photos and call yourself good hunter,good hunters are ordinary people,quides,who live with nature 365 days per year,sorry for my bad english but this is how i feel,u can disagree of course,if we all think the same some people would be still monkeys

I respect your opinion my friend, but in the same way, a good business man who has earned money by working hard and creating an image for himself doesnt necessarily is a bad hunter. Jim is a very genuine person, he is passionate about hunting, maybe if i had not had the pleasure of meeting him and hunting with him i would have thought the same as you, but he is a very good hunter and a damm good shot. just my opinion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sure john wayne,

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
by any chance are you related to shoot away???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no i dont shoot baikals,if we live in demokracy,that i dont see reason to have freedom of speech,i didn ask u agree with me,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe my problem or even better mistake is bc i shoot metric calibers,on this forum they are always inferior,30-06 is better than 8x57,270 is better than 7x64 brenneke,brainwashed walmrt custmers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This Urials are amazing animals !!!

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
This Urials are amazing animals !!!

They are indeed. my favorite wild sheep.

One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you guys but all of the sudden my mustache seems completely inadequate!

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
http://www.freakingnews.com/pi...t-Mustache-90675.jpg

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pir Danish,

Very good article written by Mr.Shockey about his hunt with you in the GSCO Slamquest magazine Spring issue.

Congratulations, well done.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Thank you Kathi, any chance you could scan the article and post it here or email me on piranpir@hotmail.com
I shall be grateful.
Best Regards
Danish

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Pir Danish ,congratulaions again and again for a work well done .All your hunting operations are excellent ,never read a bad report about your shikars .Jim Shockey choosed you because you are the best over there .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pir Danish,

Scanned and e-mailed. Let me know if there is a problem receiving the article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
An excellent idea! I can hardly wait to read the article...

Ing. MARIUS VICTOR MERUȚIU
Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

Posts: 286 | Location: Romania | Registered: 26 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Pir Danish ,congratulaions again and again for a work well done .All your hunting operations are excellent ,never read a bad report about your shikars .Jim Shockey choosed you because you are the best over there .

Thanks for your kind words Dr. Juan.

One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
here is Jim Shockey's article in the Ovis Magazine, Courtesy Kathi (Thanks a lot Kathi)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Cool!

Thanks for posting PIR_DANISH

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
my pleasure Bwana :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks a lot Pir for that posting.

Phil

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I just watched the show last night, it was wonderful.

Jim has a quote on the show that goes something like this "I am either hunting or I am thinking about hunting".

My personal hunting fever is the same. I have the disease bad, and it is 99% of what I think about.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most excellent, I enjoyed the pictures and the story. I am curious what type of cat is that?

DC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe it is a jungle cat.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last the last Episode with the footage last night - that Himalayan Ibex was stunning, as was the scenery!

Congratulations Danish!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Never took the time to comment on this thread but what a spectacular hunt and what a fine bag of trophies, congratulations Danish offer some dream hunts!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Yes the black tipped & ringed tail is short and there are a few stripes in the legs / arm pits - these are obvious identification marks of the Jungle cat. Body has no stripes or spots.

The desert cat or sand cat has a longer tail, smaller body and some spots / lines on the body.

In the mid 1960 my dad got a young female that was caught in a net when raiding chicken in a village. We had it in a cage for a few months. We used to feed it with rats and squirrels caught in a live rat trap.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Andersen:
I believe it is a jungle cat.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Just saw the show and these photos. Thank you for posting, much appreciated.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched some of the hunt on the show it was grate . I did not know he harvested so many animals. Something I would like to do.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
I must say these are quality pics from Pakistan. The 7th picture posted on the first page, is that a Hog Deer? How many inches are those antlers? I never knew they grew that size. We hunt them here in Oz, you would be very fortunate to secure a trophy larger than 16inches.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for appreciating guys.

Yes the 7th picture on page one is a hog deer which is indigenous to Pakistan. This is the SCI number two trophy should Jim wish to enter it in the books. And the Blackbuck I got him will be SCI world record for free range and indigenous black buck category. I.e. If my friend Faisal from AR doesn't enter the monster blackbuck I got him in Pakistan.