Find
Notify
Tools

India - help and advice plse
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

A very great friend of mine and passionate hunter has just relocated to north western India from southern Africa. He was off work for a couple of years and has now received and taken a position there.

Now google and other sources say hunting is forbidden in India. Is this the case for all hunting inc wing shooting and small game ?

Has anybody got some advice / ideas about India or what is available within short flying distances of say Mumbai?

Appreciated.

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

Arjun Reddy reddy375 should have some helpful information.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All hunting in India is banned.

In some states they are now allowing culling of wildboar and bluebull, but you have to be on a list of shooters and they bury these animals after they are shot. REALLY SAD.

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Mark / Arjun thank you for responding.

Arjun, what would you recommend "in the neighborhood" so to speak ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

A very great friend of mine and passionate hunter has just relocated to north western India from southern Africa. He was off work for a couple of years and has now received and taken a position there.

Now google and other sources say hunting is forbidden in India. Is this the case for all hunting inc wing shooting and small game ?

Has anybody got some advice / ideas about India or what is available within short flying distances of say Mumbai?

Appreciated.

Charlie

Africa

You would have to be an absolute idiot to be a non Indian citizen and poach in India.

If he is in India for any amount of time and tells People he wants to hunt - he will eventually get in touch with some questionable character offering a hunting/poaching opportunity.

The political climate in the last 25-30 years has turned super negative - an non Indian citizen caught hunting/poaching will be a national new event. Everyone has a cell phone these days and everything is on social media.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is good hunting opportunities in Pakistan.
There is the well known hunting for Sheep and goats, but also quite a bit of wing shooting.

Cheers,
Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
There is the well known hunting for Sheep and goats, but also quite a bit of wing shooting.

Cheers,
Dennis

There are no direct flights between between India and Pakistan. It’s long duration and expensive flying between two geographically close border countries.

There is zero chance of a expat having a hunting firearm in India.

There is zero chance of anyone flying with firearms between India and Pakistan.

Someone in India is going to ask a lot of questions if a expat or Indian citizen is flying back and forth to Pakistan to go bird shooting or hunting.

Africa or even Romania is easier to hunt than places near Indian - ie Pakistan - if you are a expat based in India.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:

Cheers,
Dennis

There are no direct flights between between India and Pakistan. It’s long duration and expensive flying between two geographically close border countries.

There is zero chance of a expat having a hunting firearm in India.

There is zero chance of anyone flying with firearms between India and Pakistan.

Someone in India is going to ask a lot of questions if a expat or Indian citizen is flying back and forth to Pakistan to go bird shooting or hunting.

Africa or even Romania is easier to hunt than places near Indian - ie Pakistan - if you are a expat based in India.

Mike

Yes that's true, India is not a place to hunt or even to use as a base for hunting.

But still Pakistan is the only country close to India that offers a variety hunting. Not counting nepal.

If you count Romania, you might as well hunt anywhere in the world.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some interesting stories from past local hunters on the Article forum of africahunting.com. maybe you could contact some of them. FWIW

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
As already advised, DO NOT get trapped into poaching in India. Not worth it.

I left India in 1992. I enjoyed a bit of hunting with proper license and also on private property. I shot small game and Muntjack.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lpankratz:
There are some interesting stories from past local hunters on the Article forum of africahunting.com. maybe you could contact some of them. FWIW

Absolute crazy idea to get in touch with locals participating in a illegal criminal activity in order to join them in a foreign jurisdiction to further participate in the illegal activity.

Why would one want to go poach anywhere ?

Why would one want to poach in a country where it is a serious crime?

Why even risk seeing the inside of a Indian jail

https://www.smh.com.au/world/e...20080622-gdsj0y.html

“Play stupid games win stupid prizes” - hunting/poaching/committing crimes in India is the Super Bowl of stupid games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...rotection)_Act,_1972

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Absolute crazy idea to get in touch with locals participating in a illegal criminal activity in order to join them in a foreign jurisdiction to further participate in the illegal activity.

Mike, you will be surprised of how much of the above is going on.

I have heard stories of this going on in several countries.

I have even been approached and asked if I wish to participate.

Not on your life!

I will go hunt where I am welcomed.

Come as a guest, and leave with the promise of coming back.

Not end up in jail.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Mike, you will be surprised of how much of the above is going on.

I have heard stories of this going on in several countries.

I have even been approached and asked if I wish to participate.

Not on your life!

I will go hunt where I am welcomed.

Come as a guest, and leave with the promise of coming back.

Not end up in jail.

+1

Mike