THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    For those who have been to Pakistan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who have been to Pakistan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a friend who went earlier this year. Had a great hunt. Absolutely loved it.

He made it back to the US and got through customs, etc with no hassles at all. However, EVERY SINGLE flight since then, he has been detained by TSA for extended periods. They searched EVERYTHING he had.

Have any other hunters experienced this?

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, went with Danish in Feb 2014, have flown several times since with no problems, btw excellent hunt and host.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that since my Tur Hunt and going through Turkey I have had longer question periods and some interesting questions since then. Never had issues before I went. I have not been searched or had anything like your friend though.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Husband went in Novemeber 2012 and never any issues from his hunt to Pakistan. Flying through Amsterdam to do Kilimajaro in 2013, China,Nepal and Canada in 2014, never anything other than the normal routine.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. It would be informative to know why this is happening to him and happening over and over.

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it is some kind of profiling????

I have a relative who is of Indian ethnic origin but looks like a Middle east or Hispanic man. Very smart looking guy - like a model. His name is not very unusual & could be easily taken for a Westerner (as also his American accent)

He did his engineering & masters in the US & worked for a Medical accessory research company. He lived in the US for 15+ years. He was a US citizen. He was born in Malaysia.

After 9/11 he had a lot of problems traveling around the US. It got so bad and his delays at airports got worse & he finally left the US about 8 years ago!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
I hunted Pakistan in February of 2014. When I landed in Houston on the way home I was given the big "X" across my entry document and taken to the back room for questioning. I was in the waiting room for probably 30 minutes before being called into an office and questioned (very simple questioning, didn't feel "detained"). I was asked to point where I was on a map of Pakistan and showed them photos of the markhor and they quickly realized I was a hunter and not someone with ulterior motives. The agent actually called in another agent and started asking me questions about all the hunts I've been on with genuine interest.

They let me go with no issues, however before every flight I took for roughly 12 months (until SCI 2015) all of my carry on luggage was searched and I was subject to additional screening. Had never happened before that trip and over the past 12 months hasn't happened again. Likely not a coincidence.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hello Larry

Global Entry is the key to hassle free air travel. With my last name I started getting stopped every time I came back from a trip (3-4 times a year) until I got Global Entry, now I am always TSA Pre Checked for local flights and zip through immigration, no problems for the last 10 trips.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aziz:
Hello Larry

Global Entry is the key to hassle free air travel. With my last name I started getting stopped every time I came back from a trip (3-4 times a year) until I got Global Entry, now I am always TSA Pre Checked for local flights and zip through immigration, no problems for the last 10 trips.

Regards
Aziz

Aziz:

This guy has Global Entry. Something has occurred to get him on some sort of list. It is very odd. I am trying to figure it out .

Under most circumstances, Global Entry is fantastic. It has most certainly been worthwhile for me personally.