THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    South Dakota Roosters over Spaniels

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Dakota Roosters over Spaniels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Man was it a wet year but we did OK anyway. Beyond thankful for the private ground I have access to. Counting the days until next year. The shotgun is a first year H&H self opener royal.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Super ! Springers and a Holland. More about the gun ? Year 1930s ? Chokes ? Engraving ?
Springers and a shotgun over the arm is sure hard to beat !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Nice pics!

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Super ! Springers and a Holland. More about the gun ? Year 1930s ? Chokes ? Engraving ?
Springers and a shotgun over the arm is sure hard to beat !

the self opening patent was granted in 1922 and my shotgun was built in 1923, original 29" barrels choked cyl and .014" or light modified. It carries standard Royal engraving with the slightest amount of case colors remaining and is housed in it's original leather trunk case. Some day I will black the barrels but they have never been touched.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Great pics - thanks! We had an equally successful hunt at Brown's in Gettysburg hunting over my French Brittany Spaniel. My gun was a pre-war (1911) Purdey, and the RST 1 1/16 oz loads of #5 really worked well on those wild SD roosters. Like you, I am booked again for 2020 and can't wait to get back to SD.With all the crops still standing late in the year, the birds have plenty of places to hide. If we have a decent Spring, 2020 pheasant hunting could be incredible.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this looks to be a good year I have been seeing lots of birds, but last week we got 5 inches of rain where I live west of Mitchell but still seeing birds,in fact had a rooster on my front porch last night my lab was going nuts and jumping birds going to the mail box almost daily across the road.good luck and lets hope Mother Nature gives us a break this year. Jim

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Just beautifull ,everything beautifull .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote