THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    One Week To Go Argentina & Chilean Patagonia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Week To Go Argentina & Chilean Patagonia
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
I have a week or so left before I leave to go to Argentina and Chile for a three week bird hunting tour.

We have 2-3 days duck hunting followed by 2-3 days of Doves, perhaps an afternoon of Perdiz.

We are then flying into Santiago for a night and connecting down to Chilean Patagonia. We have 6 days of hunting at a new lodge which we will be taking over the marketing for their hunting itineraries. Target species are Magellan Geese, varieties of Ducks, pheasants, Hares and possibly some Quail. We will also be taking a day to chase the famous Chilean wild brown and rainbow trout.

I'm planning on packing a 4-weight rod so it should be good if we get into any of the bigger fish.

To say I'm excited is a massive understatement. Patagonia has been on my list of dream destinations since I first saw it on the TV as a kid.

I hope to come back with lots of pictures and some good video.

Rgds,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Fallow Buck please post your Chile experience upon return. I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Kiri,

You lucky dog! I would love to do a Chilean fish & bird combo some time.
Post a bunch of pics from your trip!

Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Will do guys. I'm busy trying to refine all my kit into one bag which is an interesting challenge for such a varied three week trip.

Jungle boy, how we looking for seeing you guys on the Scottish grouse week this year?

K

One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Kiri,

Are you checking AR from the road? How's the trip in Chile?

Post pics if you get a chance, would really love to see your new playground.

Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
I'm planning on packing a 4-weight rod so it should be good if we get into any of the bigger fish.

Wait.....a 4-wt for "the bigger fish"? How small are the small fish? rotflmo

Have an awesome time and take lots of pix. You have a rough job.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Sadly Chile didn't happen as at the last minute customs decided they didn't want to play ball on the firearms importation.

They seized the outfitters guns on the way in (normal procedure for imports) but didn't tell them in advance that the paperwork would take ten days to process.

We altered plans and have just spent a few days hunting and fishing just outside buenos aires. It's been an awesome trip and I have taken a heap of pics.

I will get a report and pics posted as soon as I get back, but there are a few on the Athina Sporting Facebook page.

K