THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Dove shoot at Los Chanares. Cordoba, Argentina

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dove shoot at Los Chanares. Cordoba, Argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted
Recently returned form a dove shoot at Los Chanares, about an hour North of Cordoba, Argentina.

I say shoot rather than hunt, advisedly. I used a 28 gauge, and would consider nothing bigger. I never get a bruise from 200 rounds of sporting clays with a 12 gauge, but nearly 6000 rounds of 28 gauge left a world class bruise that drifted down my arm for days.

Los Chanares is first class in every dimension. Thousands of shot opportunities per day, even in the "off season". Great service, great meals, nice rooms and great loaders. The short drive to the fields means you can return to the lodge for the noon meal and a break in the hot tub or swimming pool, or a good nap in an air conditioned room! Ask carefully with other outfits, as you usually leave the lodge in the morning and do not return for lunch due to 45 minute or more drive to the hunt. It is a significant difference, especially in summer heat.

I shot 727 birds the first afternoon from a thousand rounds. The first full day I shot 1800+ birds, and 2500 rounds (it was really windy, and difficult shooting.) The second full day I shot 2001 birds with 2325 rounds (no wind.) The last morning I shot over 400 birds from 500 rounds.

The record is held by an 18 year old who shot 12000 birds in a single day. His father standing beside him shot 8000 birds. They had to skip lunch to do that in the high season.

I may never feel the need to shoot another dove as long as I live. But if I did, I would only consider Los Chanares.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is indeed a fantastic place. I have been about a dozen times. I love it.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Sounds like dove / shotgun paradise. Any pictures to share ?

Cheers

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2255 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
@Charlie:maybe we could get a group together!

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested an AR Los Chanares hunt, I have tried to raise a group locally with no success.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Frank PM sent.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2255 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
I would be interested an AR Los Chanares hunt, I have tried to raise a group locally with no success.[/QUOTE

Gale:

I will let you know the next time we are going . You are welcome to go with us.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be doing a duck/perdiz hunt in Entre Rios, Argentina, +/- July, 2018. I'd also be in for an AR group dove hunt @ Los Chanares as well. Please keep me posted if someone puts something together.

I love Argentina wingshooting!!

Best to you all.........Tom

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I made our one and only (but not the last) trip to Los Chanares year before last with a few friends, I have never seen so many birds or eaten so much meat! I don't consider myself a good shot with a shotgun but I shot over 4000 (89.8 % hits, so that should say something about the number of birds), mostly with a 20 gauge and my shoulder literally burst open on the second day from shooting. I kept shooting though, too much fun. I had a shirt with a pad but it interfered with my shooting so I tossed the pad. My wife had only tried shooting doves at our place, where there aren't a whole lot of doves, and managed to down 144 one morning, pretty good for her. Really a great time and we're planning on going again.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am an embarrassment with a shotgun. Sounds like a good place to hone some wingshooting skills, perhaps combined with a few lessons beforehand. Have to give that some thought.

Mike

Posts: 21093 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry:
Have you asked Matt Lauer? It seems his calendar just opened up.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 2908 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report Don_G.
Good to see you posting.

Posts: 2908 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
Larry:
Have you asked Matt Lauer? It seems his calendar just opened up.

I would be afraid to ask.

One of the services available does there is a massage every might. Matt would likely expect a happy ending based upon the recent reports. He would be disappointed and kicked out. rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
I also would be interested in an AR group hunt at LC. Planning on a 2nd trip there soon already.

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Currently shooting at Los Chanares (Jan 21-24) with my friends.

Taking a siesta right now between Morning & Afternoon

shoots. This is our groups third trip to Los Chanares

& we’re already planning a fourth. Great food (lots of

meat), great hospitality & unlimited doves. 2-3 days

shooting doves here can really sharpen your skill with a shotgun.

I’m shooting the lodges 20 gauge Beretta Silver Pigeon, so

Far flawless performance after 2500 rounds. The big plus is

that it is 85 degrees here & mid-20’s back home in Wyoming.

Can’t recommend it enough!

Posts: 518 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love that place. I have been many time.

Have fun.