THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Hope South America survives the Chinese virus

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hope South America survives the Chinese virus
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Found out today that our trip to two different lodges in Argentina (consecutive weeks) for late June are cancelled as the Argentine government has suspended all international flights until at least September 1. Bad news: many great Argentine outfitters will suffer. Good news: it is likely many of the "borderline" outfitters will go under. Hopefully 2021 is better for all.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 481 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. Supposed to go in July. Cancelled .

I am told the lodges still have to pay their employees. That alone will put many down for the count.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were scheduled to go to two different lodges for pigeon shoots. The second one, a long established outfitter, has let us know that he is going to "take it on the chin" this year, as he cannot furlough/layoff/fire his employees without literally losing his business and having to start from scratch next year getting his government licenses, permits, etc., etc. That's the bad news. The good news-probably 50% or more of the "newer" outfitters who have diluted the hunting there will not be around. Larry is spot on, as usual.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 481 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drj:
The good news-probably 50% or more of the "newer" outfitters who have diluted the hunting there will not be around. Larry is spot on, as usual.

Good point.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sadly, my July tickets were cancelled today. The good news is that I am getting a full refund for four business class tickets.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had two hunts in June canceled as well. I got the airfare and in town hotel back but will eat the hunt deposits.

Posts: 568 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote