THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Who offers a SUPER wild pheasant hunt?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who offers a SUPER wild pheasant hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm thinking about booking a wild pheasant hunt - which outfitters offer value for your money? AIU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thunderstick lodge in South dakota. Lots of wild and raised birds.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They all supplement their birds.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
They all supplement their birds.

Not totally true! There are several SD pheasant hunting outfits that advertise wild bird only hunting. Check out the Pheasants Forever Journal and you will find several listed there.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walt is correct there are some outfitters who do wild birds only.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe, but they sure didn't have many hunters last year with a genuine wild experience.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Mexicali has 100% wild birds and the limits are much more liberal than SD.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a second vote for Mexicali Baja California. All wild birds, liberal limits, and very little pressure. Several outfitters offer reasonable multi day hunts that also provide evening dove shoots.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Who would a person contact re: Mexicali Baja California pheasant hunts ??? Or is that the answer ??? Confused Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Mike Moody of SD Hunting service for many years. In most years his pheasant and duck hunting is phenominal. Remember they are all WILD so numbers will vary. However, once you hunt wild birds you will have a hard time going back to released bird. His accomodations and food is excellent and he right outside Pierre where there are many good restaurants if you want a dinner in town.

http://sdhuntingservice.com/

Posts: 55 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try huntandgofish.com my son is the US booking agent for one of the best Pheasant lodges in Mexico. We live in San Diego 1hr 45 min from the Lodge. The guarantee is 5 birds a day but the norm is 8 birds. All wild!! Alex leases hundreds of acres of farm land. Thousands of Dove.
Richard 619 253 6797 He will be in Panama until the 5th of April.

javascript:switchAvatarImg('34')

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Ranorwood,
Are you talking about Alex Coria Gonzalez?

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

posted Hide Post
Yes, been hunting with him for over 30 years.
As a friend then as a guide.
Rick
huntandgofish.com

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Been hunting down south for 30 year, I just wish I found Alex a lot sooner. Great Guy.
Sam

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
How hard is it to take a SxS or OU shotgun into Mexico?

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you use the guide service it is very easy.
We just need your information and the SR# and make and models of the guns. Two guns are no problem. Alex does the paper work with the Army.
You do have to be there for the signing of the documents. Usually the day before the hunt.
Cost is about $350
Rick

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone went on this Mexicali hunt, is it a safe area, How is the dove shooting, thinking of trying something different than SD.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
huntandgofish.com

I just tried to access this site and I got "FORBIDDEN", "you do not have permission" etc. Not confidence inspiring....

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gale, PM sent.

Posts: 16 | Location: Bonita, California | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holson:
Gale, PM sent.

If you've got current information, I'd also really appreciate your update. I have looked up several outfitters for Mexico and am seriously considering hunting there. BTW, if it wasn't clear, the "not confidence inspiring" comment above referred to that hunting outfit, not hunting pheasants in general.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo, I've sent you an email.

Posts: 16 | Location: Bonita, California | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote