New
Find
Notify
Tools

So. Dak. 2021
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was able to get a couple of bird hunting trips in this year, great dog work and a wonderful time. The conditions were challenging at times. An early drought had the ranchers grazing or cutting just about every bit of grass they could leaving the cover very then, then the area got lots of rain right at the beginning of bird season delaying harvest of the crops. We had some of crazy winds to deal with as well. This past week made of for it with a run of near perfect weather fir bird hunting. Tucker is 5 years old and in his prime, this will be the last season I hunt Lucy as she is almost 13 and can only hunt short periods of time in lighter cover. We have had had a great season so far with both dogs getting in plenty of time and birds.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for that post. Made my day.
Pete

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great post! Looks like all the ingredients for a wonderful hunt.

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! A few friends and I had a great trip to Harrold, SD earlier this month as well. Love it there!

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pet the old dog for me.

Posts: 10755 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
What's not to like, beautiful bird dogs, plump roosters, spectacular

shotguns, all set in a rural "vintage" setting! Well done all around.

Great photos

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want that pickup!

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2