THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Nebraska of Kansas Wild Pheasant Hunt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nebraska of Kansas Wild Pheasant Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have an outfitter recommendation for either state?

If I remember correctly (don't go there, I know it's fading), the limit in Nebraska is 6 roosters per day and 12 total, which makes a 2-day hunt reasonable.

I'm looking for a reputable outfitter with references. If you guys have hunted an outfit, I'd count your input as a credible reference.

Posts: 206 | Location: So Cal | Registered: 03 November 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For a # of years now NE has been 3 roosters/day.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kansas has been four roosters per day for as long as I can remember. Not sure of possession, but it’s eight or more.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

3 or 4 roosters (or cock birds as they are called here) a day makes me smile when I think of the 200 or 400 bird day pheasant shoots in the UK and parts of Central and Eastern Europe like Hungary and the Czech Republic. Dont think you would get many guns turning out for a three bird day in the UK!

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having lived in Nebraska my whole life and being an avid bird hunter for most of the time, some 35 plus years. I would look to south dakota if you want to go on a dedicated pheasant hunt. Many outfits cater to bird hunting there and you can easily find a great hunt. Not to say you cant have a good hunt in NE or KS but not as many paid hunting operations.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many know, some don’t know, that a lot of the So Dak outfitters are planting pen raised birds a few hours before you hunt a field. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but if you want a “wild” pheasant hunt, ask if the birds you will be hunting we’re ever in a cage or pens.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

3 or 4 roosters (or cock birds as they are called here) a day makes me smile when I think of the 200 or 400 bird day pheasant shoots in the UK and parts of Central and Eastern Europe like Hungary and the Czech Republic. Dont think you would get many guns turning out for a three bird day in the UK!

Cheers

Totally a different kind of hunting.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The UK has pheasant “shoots”
In Ks we have pheasant “hunts”
Both are fun, but quite different.

NRA Patron member

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Ringneck Ranch, Tipton, Kansas. We have hunted with them on three separate occasions, and look forward to going back.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3811 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
... I would look to south dakota if you want to go on a dedicated pheasant hunt. Many outfits cater to bird hunting there and you can easily find a great hunt. Not to say you cant have a good hunt in NE or KS but not as many paid hunting operations.

Heading to Paul Nelson Farm for a 3 day hunt in a month.

https://paulnelsonfarm.com/

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heading to Paul Nelson Farm for a 3 day hunt in a month.

https://paulnelsonfarm.com/

At $2000.00 or more depending on the party size per day for 5 birds a day.

Makes my 500.00 dollar total for a five day hunt do it you self hunts.

Look reasonable.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you had a great hunt tanks, we just got back from South Dakota on a three day hunt, limited every day, lots of birds and great weather, especially for this time of year.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope you had a great hunt tanks, we just got back from South Dakota on a three day hunt, limited every day, lots of birds and great weather, especially for this time of year.

Gale anyone around where you are who does deer hunts.

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Not any paid hunting operation's in are general neck of the woods

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike,

Not any paid hunting operation's in are general neck of the woods

I follow some social media stuff on local hunts around your neck of the woods and there are some excellent deer hunted there.

I called and could get no info on outfitters. I was told drive up and ask some farmers if one can hunt their land.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glad to hear it. Care to share the outfitter? Thanks. Looking for a SD hunt next fall.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't really hunt with a commercial operation, just some business friends that have a large ranch in the area. I would contact dukxdog on here and see what he has going, looks like he has lodging in Gettysburg and looking for hunting companion's for about a month after opening day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks bud....I'll look him up.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote