New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do all my bird hunting with 'double guns' SxS guns, in fact. I have a number of guns including a graded Fox 16, a Lindner Daly 20, and a Harkom 16, but my current favorite is a 1930 H. Atkin lightweight self opener. It is no. 1 of a pair and I am interested in finding it's mate.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two pairs, Piotti and Greener. Pity is I have never used either as a pair.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I shoot an Urgarchea 12G, straight stock, splinter forend. It is light + smooth. Had a Greener that I traded off several years ago to Cabelas as partial trade on a 470 NE. I bought my middle son when he was 13 a Browning BSS in 12. His big brother kept giving him grief about how he couldn't handle the recoil, etc. Well, you know that when your big brother teases you, you will do anything to prove him wrong; + that's what happened. He shoots it still to this very day.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with double guns!
Been shooting Parkers all my life:

Been known to shoot a double rifle from time to time too:

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
Nothing wrong with double guns!
Been shooting Parkers all my life:

Been known to shoot a double rifle from time to time too:

That’s great. I’m still looking for the “right” Parker.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
DCS Member
Join the PGCA and let folks know what you think might be the "right" Parker and maybe someone can make some suggestions.

I have been shooting them since a teenager and still have my first one - a 100+ year old Damascus barreled 20 on a 28 frame - made in 1900. The 20 ga in the picture is a repro and I have a matching 12 too. I am not a collector, but a hunter.
LOOKING FORWARD TO OPENING OF DOVE SEASON ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote