THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Arizona quail outfitters/guides

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona quail outfitters/guides
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello, my dad just retired to Lake Havasu City, AZ. I’m wanting to find an outfitter or guide to go on a quail hunt (wild birds, not planted). Would really like to hunt Mearns and Scaled quail. My dad is older and can’t hunt as hard as he used to. Does anyone happen to know who I should be looking at? I’m from California and know nothing about who’s who in hunting Arizona. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aussie21:
Hello, my dad just retired to Lake Havasu City, AZ. I’m wanting to find an outfitter or guide to go on a quail hunt (wild birds, not planted). Would really like to hunt Mearns and Scaled quail. My dad is older and can’t hunt as hard as he used to. Does anyone happen to know who I should be looking at? I’m from California and know nothing about who’s who in hunting Arizona. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Here is your man; this guy specializes in quail:

Simon Crawford
www.crawfordguideservice
520-907-0793
Tucson,AZ

You better move fast though; he books fast.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friends own Havasu Springs Resort on the south end of the lake. I had a house on the resort for 25 years until 2 years ago. This should be a good gamble quail year in and around Havasu area. Good winter rain. I’ll Take an early morning drive up Shea Road south of Parker and you’ll spot numerous coveys. If you have an off-road vehicle Standard Wash 5 miles south of Havasu is solid quail habitat. too. All gambel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the info.

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I go to Wickenburg to team rope in the winter, and I noticed lots of people quail hunting from the hiway..I asked around and they told me you can hunt about anywhere as its mostly BLM land. We gave it a shot a couple of times and got in some good shooting, no need for a guide, One place had a ranch house so we asked and got permission, and it was BLM and private..Game dept. has maps and will help you out..this was a number of years ago btw, it may have changed, dunno?

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote