New
Find
Notify
Tools

411JDJ
 Login/Join

Picture of Sewer_Rat
posted
Discovered a contender in this calibre... but can not find any info on the 411JDJ, not even off the SSK site.

Does anyone know anything about this calibre?

Found info on the 416JDJ, but not the 411JDJ, are they the same(just a typo?)?

NAHC Life Member since 1985

"If you aint been whipped worse then this, then you aint been around long enough for your opinions to matter"

Posts: 23 | Location: Lake Wales, FL | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 416 JDJ. It shoots regular 416 diameter bullets the 411 shoots .410 bullets so one can use .410 pistol bullet in it or some of the custom .411 bullets by Hawk etc.
Same ballistically.

posted Hide Post
Sewer Rat,

Tell me about your barrel. I had one for years and sold it to a guy in the Orlando area. There are not too many around and it could be my old one.

Picture of Sewer_Rat
posted Hide Post
I hadn't bought it yet... wanted to know more about the round first... near as I can tell its a 444 necked down to 41... must be a heck of a round on large pigs...

Its a 14" barrel (blued) with dies n some shells...

what was it like shooting?? how was it on game? what kinda specs didja get off it? inquiring minds wanna know LOL

NAHC Life Member since 1985

"If you aint been whipped worse then this, then you aint been around long enough for your opinions to matter"

Posts: 23 | Location: Lake Wales, FL | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sewer Rat,

My barrel was SSK Kromed, so it is not my old barrel. You are correct, it is a 444 necked down to 41. Lots of fun to shoot, but bullet selection is a problem unless you cast for it. Never used it on hogs. Use a .454 revolver for that.

one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Just call and ask J.D. to mail you a sheet of loads for the caliber. He might charge postage but you'll get some proven loads. I saw an old "Cartridges of the World" with a few loads in it also. I'm between homes so I don't have my journels handy, sorry.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dudley do right
posted Hide Post
Had a 411 JDJ for a short time. Decided I did not want to mess with it and sold it without shooting it. I did however send an email to JD Jones and got loading data sent free of charge.

Posts: 26 | Location: Sweet Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote