THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    Range Time Contender 17/222 Rem OTT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Time Contender 17/222 Rem OTT
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted
Finally got around to trying the 17/222 Rem. **MAN I LOVE BEING RETIRED** It is a 14 inch OTT full bull matte barrel wearing a Burris 6.5-20x50MM Fullfield II in Burris Signature rings atop a Bullberry six hole weaver style scope base. On an easy open framed with 14 ounce trigger and sporting Georgia Jim pink lady wide flat bottom target forend with matching ambi grip (Bought in Honor of My Wife ***WHO is now cancer FREE 7 years** Thank You God) I decided on BL-C2 Powder and 20 Grain Hornady V-Max Bullets. Brass was new just sized Winchester. Started with beginning load from Hodgdon website for 25 grain V-Max. No pressure sighs at all. It was pushing 90 degrees so not a long session, however I now know what my next project for retirement is. A roof for my new shooting Bench (pictures later but it is solid). And of course as always using a Fuzz Rest. Hope Cayle was looking down and smiling, I know I was. Number of shots, distance and powder charge as noted on picture of target.
Thanks for reading and have a GREAT weekend
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2544 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I like the setup! I am about to place a 6x24 42mm scope on my tc.

chootem

Posts: 5 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Wish I had the dough for this type of 'tender and Encore. I just have too many irons in the fire. Looks to be quite the chooter. Be Well, Packy.