New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hand Rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do any of u get sick of people who say those who shoot xp"s strikers or long range handguns are nothing more than a sawed off rifle? it's almost as if they think it's as easy as hunting with a standard length rifle. I know what it takes to stay proficient with my pistols which is a lot of trigger time and load development. Even this group is called hand rifle like its a back handed jab at us who choose this platform. your thoughts?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess not? lol

One of Us
Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Not really, most often happens when at the local ranges. Doesn't take but a few rounds in a clover leaf on the 100 yd target and the wise guys are suddenly very quiet when their shooting is not on par with my ""short"" rifles jumping
Even win a few dollars from some of them when they try to out shoot me
Nmhunter

Posts: 34 | Location: Goodyear AZ | Registered: 25 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
What would be even funnier would be for you to let them shoot your short rifle so they could miss the entire target.

If it were one of mine, say in 375 H&H Magnum, a band aid for their hand would be needed.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought a XP was a shortened mod 7?
Aaron

Posts: 233 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
The XP 100R may be a similar action but the center grips are not a model 7 clone, I believe they are more of a 40x action with the 600 with the dog leg bolt. I have a few of the Xp's but most of mine are HSPrecision 2000P's.Nmhunter

Posts: 34 | Location: Goodyear AZ | Registered: 25 April 2007Reply With Quote