Find
Notify
Tools

375 Win Contender
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
Is any one shooting a 375 Winchester in the Contender Pistol? I am interested in getting one and would like to here from those that have "been there done that".

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Most folks have found the same thing

38.0 RL 7 and Hornady 220 grain bullet will shoot accurately in ALL guns that I have ever heard of and they kill stuff dead.

Sneak up on that load just in case the barrel you get does something different.

I have owned a 14 inch barrel for over 5 years and have yet to put it on a frame. Bought it for the scope that was on it and the owner would not separate them.I don't have any bullets or molds that size and just could not talk myself into buying some and have to stock one more bullet size.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I had a 14" hunter barrel years ago. Ended up selling it for no particular reason. It happens sometimes. My buddy has a 12" now.

I have a 375 JDJ now. Just more of a good thing than the 375 Win. The Win is not hard to load for, or hard to shoot. Very manageable recoil.

I would let what game you're hunting dictate what bullet to shoot from it. I used to shoot the 220 or 225 (can't remember which weight now?) gr Sierra flat points out of my Win.

I always wanted to try the Barnes (original cup and core, not the "new" X-bullets) from my Win. Never got around to trying them, but heard a lot of good reports from big game hunters of the day using them. They are a 250 gr if I recall correctly.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote