New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnum research lone eagle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for info on the magnum research lone eagle ...good or bad?

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammohouse
posted Hide Post
You don't hear much about them. The only thing I've ever heard was their triggers are rough.
This is just what I heard, I have zero experience.
Good luck with your and post what you learn.

*we band of 45-70ers*

USAF AMMO Retired!

Posts: 246 | Location: from TEXAS, stationed in South Dakota | Registered: 02 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned a lone eagle in 358 win for quite a few years and they are accurate enough, the trigger isn't great but not so bad can be used as an alibi. Recoil is fairly lively to say the least as I will not use a muzzle break if avoidable. Only problem is loaned it to my son and he dry fired it and the firing pin is now broken. Have not found replacement so will have to do a tear down to make myself, all said I would buy another given the oppotunity. Lynn

posted Hide Post
Lynn Beier is correct.....DO NOT dry fire!!! It will break firing pin. Buddy had to send his back to factory to have new firing pin installed. Buddy has one in 30-06 and one dryfire broke pin. He installed a muzzle break on his. It is LOUD!!! and puts out one heck of a fire ball. LOL It shoots pretty good also. It shoots across the chrono about same speed as my 16" brl 308 striker pistol.

thanks
224TTH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lynn Beier call Magnum Research 1-800-772-6168 ex 205 and have your serial number for it and they can get you one ..they have some