Notify
Tools

XP-100 7mm BR
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted
Hi,
Just came across one of these locally, but it seems to differ from what I've found researching online. It has the crooked type bolt like a 660, but with a hole through the knob. The barrel is fairly heavy and has a hooded sight tube on front and a hood over the rear sight.

Stock is black and looks like kevlar or fiberglass. Most I have seen with this bolt configuration had the nylon brown stock, so wondering if this is correct.

Don't know much about these. Bore is nice and overall shows little wear. Don't know the serial range, but would guess that chambering of 7mm BR would be 1980s??

Anyways, it's being offered at $500, but can't find any to compare exactly.

Will try to get more info, and should I buy is there anyone here who would be willing to sell some 7mm BR brass, maybe 20 or so?

I've had a difficult time finding any online and I've got my hands full trying to find 32 remington brass as it is!

Anyways, if anybody can give me more info or opinions on price I would appreciate it...

Thanks!

Mark

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
You need some Remington 7MM BR brass. I believe there is some listed on www.midwayusa.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a nearly identicle pistol. Bought it from a friend who modified it for long range silouhette games. Shoots better than some rifles I own.
I wanted to use it for hunting but found the 7BR was a little light for anything much more than whitetail. My favorite load is with the 154gr Hdy. Actually used it to take an Axis a couple of years ago and haul it around when I'm calling coyotes and such.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 930 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a steal at $500. I'd snarf it up if I were you!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one years ago and had the chamber reamed out to 7-08. What a tackdriver. I wish a lot of my rifles were this accurate.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The stock is probably after market. Lord I wish I had mine back.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Pagosawingnut has it right. If you are a tightwad like me just have it rechambered to 7mm-08.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a after market stock, worth far more than the original nylon.....I have 200 rds. new Rem. 7BR in factory 20 rd. boxes....give me your serial and I'll date it for you.......

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote