Tools

encore 500 S&W
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted
WOW!!!!
What an invention!
This thing will let you know where it barks at.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of recoilpad
posted Hide Post
I got a 15 incher coming. I believe it has a brake on it.

"Big ears doesn't make you a good listener, but big feet will tell on you." - Mr. Bill Clinton

Posts: 339 | Location: Texas via Louisiana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have one with the katadin barrel. the factory sights defy sighting in. haven't got a response back from the company what to do about it. it had a synthetic tupperware stock on it. the forend lasted two shots. i don't know if the two screws pulled through and split the forend or the forend split which allowed the two screws to pull through. i can tell you it hurt worse than any hardball i hit off of the grip of a bat.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I have one from OTT, it is a 8 inch barrel. It has a brake on it and it is still a thumper.

I get 1 inch groups with it at 50 yards with a Ultra-dot one it.

I have a Stratton hanger bar on the forend and it holds great, I am using Georgia Jim's wooden grips as well.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
45otto, if you are looking for one, mine is going up for sale real soon. I have way to many Encore barrels and another one in 510 GNR that I shoot more than my 500 Mag OTT barrel.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Shoot a 500 S&W a bit and paltry offerings like the 44 Rem. Mag. & 460 S&W will seem pretty tame.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in a Reeder Mini-beast. Yes, it is tough on the hands even with the brake. Still is a lot of fun shooting it for the 6 or 7 rounds I can get through it until I give up, because of hand tremors.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
What bothers me is the trigger housing that slaps my finger, not my palm. Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
anyone who shoots a 500S&W should look at this. I'm going to get a H&R Handie rifle($240)so I can try them. http://www.lsstuff.com/ranger-rick/

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fats...better make an appointment with a surgeon in advance if your going to shoot those heavy for caliber slugs! They are for uninformed morons that don't give a rats ass about ruining their guns or the people around them they might hurt while blasting them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodrow S : You need to post a list of exceptable bullet weight ranges for each caliber. PS: When you made the world you should have made the snow flavored.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bad things happen to those that do stupid things. Those super heavy slugs serve absolutely no purpose other than to make the ranger wealthier. Look at them against the case size...think about the pressure spike to get it moving down the barrel, then tell me it's a smart move. I don't think so. They will ruin your gun...or worse. Just make sure the people standing around you are warned before you pull the trigger.

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Lol, ruin your gun?! Follow save loading practices, good lord. Plenty of people use them. I used the 720 .458 one without dying. Living proof I guess...

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you drive your auto "all out"....to the limit? Then why treat your gun that way. You will over time shoot your revolver loose. There is a reason why many of the custom gun builders will void your warranty if you shoot these super heavy weights in the revolvers they build. Utter nonsense and no need to do it...fun or not. Like I said....make sure the people next to you have the opportunity to move down a few tables before you let it rip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tyler Kemp: Would you every in the world think that you were a uninformed moron. I glad to see there is not just me on that list. PS what ever you do don't let Woodrow S know that I am going to load some 60gr bullets in my 22 Hornet or I might be in BIG TROUBLE.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chill out dude....I'm just trying to help you and others. I have been hunting for 40yrs and loading ammo for 20...currently loading for about 25 different calibers from the tiny 22 K-Hornet to 458 Lott, both rifle and handgun. I do know a thing or two. I don't abuse my weapons for shits and giggles....or just to see what happens if I do this or that unproven method or whatever. I follow rules/practices in reloading that are proven and safe.....not foolish. I guess thats why I can type this message with all my digits. Do what you want but make sure not to endanger innocent people around you when you experiment. Nuff said!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
New kid on the block with a braked 15" Encore....anyone knows what that twist rate is? Thanks, r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FOOBAR
posted Hide Post
I guess Ed Hubels 499 HE is out of the question...EH, Tyler...Big Grin...or maybe one of the other WILDERCATS floating about in the NEF world for the 500 S&W convert. I was about to suggest the Encore folks might look into that conversion...then they would REALLY have something to brag about. lol

I guess I better not say anything. holycow shocker Big Grin

Luck