Find
Notify
Tools

Remingtons Abomination
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Is it just me or is that new taticool remingtom pistol uglier than home made sin?
There is the "golden touch" and then what appears to be the fecal touch of remington.
Maybe beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder and I am blind to current design standards!

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
This one, TC? Seems like everyone is taking their boring old bolt action receiver and dressing it up with handguards, big magazines and other tactical furniture, jacking up the price and calling it "revolutionary."

https://www.remington.com/handguns/700-cp

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it just me

Yes it is you.

Any thing that can push the legal envelope and show how foolish the SBR part of 1934GCA is a good thing.

If it gets more people shooting/owning guns it is a good thing.

Posts: 19310 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is the one.

I don't care what folks buy, own, shoot and am all for new shooters, but that does not overcome my (and only speaking for me) opinion of that thing.
Oh I am assuming that folks are using their choice of firearm in a safe and responsible manner.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes beauty truly IS in the eye of the beholder. Remember one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
What I find very annoying is the fact that everyone is jumping on the AR bandwagon.

Everyone and his dickhead designers are making AR type rifles.

Totally useless for hunting.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It certainly fits the definition of a "hand rifle"!

While not my cup of tea, I can see where some guys would love such a toy... since they're actually all toys unless used for defense or offence.

Why not? There room in some guy's safe for a couple of those things.

Saeed, AR's are worthless for hunting? Really?

The lowly AR works wonders when multiples show up while calling coyotes!!!

Zeke

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I still like my old plastic stocked Remington XP 100 handgun in 7MM BR. I pull it out of the safe lots more since I am retired. I think this is the first "pistol" I thought I might like with a interchangeable barrel setup in quite a while. 6.5 and 358 Winchester would be my choices. Probably would end up using the 358 barrel though. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I looked at one yesterday. With a folding stock it would be a great hiking rifle.

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well, it is different + I for one am for anything that throws rocks at the 1934 GCA.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
What I find very annoying is the fact that everyone is jumping on the AR bandwagon.

Saeed that simply isn't true. Are you aware of the big calibers on the AR10?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting enough they are not that eye appealing to me. But, again, it has been said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Does all this new black plastic accoutrements improve accuracy and reduce weight? Are these new XP offerings more weather resilient? If so then that is a plus. But, I am a bit of a traditionalist and like my XP-100R in its’ Original dress. But, it does sport a Lilja 260AI heavy bbl. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree with you. I bought a very expensive AR on a whim. It’s not a hunting rifle. I guess if I ever get a job as a narco traficante it will come in handy though. To me it’s an odd gun. For hunting, I’ve got better options, for defense I’ve got better options. Even if I just want to spray a lot of rounds fast, I’ve got better options.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:

I agree with you. I bought a very expensive AR on a whim. It’s not a hunting rifle. I guess if I ever get a job as a narco traficante it will come in handy though. To me it’s an odd gun. For hunting, I’ve got better options, for defense I’ve got better options. Even if I just want to spray a lot of rounds fast, I’ve got better options.

Reckon you and Saeed never seen an AR10 in 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua, 45-70 Auto, 461 Rem Mag, and a lot others. They are more then very capable hunting rifles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vzerone:
quote:
quote:

Reckon you and Saeed never seen an AR10 in 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua, 45-70 Auto, 461 Rem Mag, and a lot others. They are more then very capable hunting rifles.

I have. If one wants an AR-10 (which I also have one of) more powerto them. But for what the 300 Win Mag is designed for, I can think of much better platforms. Same with 338 Lapua. As far as the other two, I’ll take your word for it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vzerone:
quote:
quote:

I have. If one wants an AR-10 (which I also have one of) more powerto them. But for what the 300 Win Mag is designed for, I can think of much better platforms. Same with 338 Lapua. As far as the other two, I’ll take your word for it.

There's no doubt that AR, both 15 & 10, are generally more accurate then the average bolt action especially with the heavier barrel profile due in part to the barrel nut system and free float barrel due to the free float forarms. They are also impervious to weather and humidity changing the bedding of the stock because we know they don't have stocks like bolt actions. You will also notice lot of the bolt rifles now being build pretty much as a AR.

I know it's hard to accept change. There was a big ruckus when they took are M14's away in Vietnam and gave us the then not perfected M16. I too love walnut and blued steel. For that matter took me a while to get use to stainless guns.

I have many AR's that I've built that are hole drivers in many calibers. I wanted to build that 45-70 Auto (which by the way is a 45-70 rimless) but the barrel cost way too much. There's also an AR 50 BMG out too, but I have no use for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILO--yJu6KY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTaddkj28ic

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the top man at Remington several times two years ago and tried to convince him to bring back the original center grip XP-100 but in a Custom Shop version with a heavy barrel and a McMillian stock. Several long conversations and this is the result , an answer to a question that was never asked! Ugly and good for what with the too short barrels. barf

Posts: 39 | Location: South Central Pa. | Registered: 22 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
give me the xp-100 instead.

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I use an AR 10 for Deer and Elk in the Timber.

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
pa. Mike
BUT, is the top man at Remington you spoke with a hunter, shooter or just an educated "pencil neck" in charge?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The XP-100 was a fine piece + Bob Mikelic wrote some great stories about its uses in the 70s in G+A mag. A lot of good calibres after the fact but my favorite was still the 221 Fireball.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote