Notify
Tools

HS Precision 2000?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
How do you guys like them?

I have seen some used ones for $1500-2000 with optics.

Thinking about it!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one several years ago in 308 Win. Liked it a lot and took several deer with it. For some unknown reason I sold it. Regretted that ever since. They are a well-built, accurate bolt gun. Best of luck--Mark Hampton

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I'll call them and see if they will do a 6.5x47.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Found a couple at Cabelas, going to have them ship them to my local store next week.

One of Us
Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
D99, I bought Mark's 308 HSP. First shot at big game with it, I dropped an Oryx in NM with one shot at 230 yds. Since then I have acquired a few more. I am completely sold on them.
welcome to the family of HSP owners, did you get the 243 & the 300 RCM from cabelas? when you call them ask for "Josh" he has worked up all of my HS orders, tell him Tom sent you.
nmhunter

Posts: 34 | Location: Goodyear AZ | Registered: 25 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I am moving to Australia so I didn't end up doing it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got one in 7mm-08 when they first came out. EASILY achieved advertised accuracy, both with Hornady factory ammo, and my handloads with Wilson dies. If I had known how accurate the Hornady Light Magnum ammo was going to be, I might not have bought the dies.

Leupold 2.5-8 had more than enough eye relief - I actually have to stretch a little to use it with two hands.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote