THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    Christmas Came a Little Early
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Came a Little Early
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted
Just got a new to me Toy. Contender Easy Open frame with 12 inch Custom Shop SS Barrel chambered in 300 Whisper. Previous owner had rim cut so 357 Max Brass can be used. It is fitted with a Vais Brake and wears BullBerry custom furniture. It is topped with a Warne base, 30mm Burris Signature rings and a 6.5 - 20 x50mm Burris MTac scope. Came with 150+ Brass and Redding loading dies. Can't wait to get some ammo loaded and get to the bench.

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2545 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted Hide Post
Got a few loaded, but neighbors get ill if I test fire after Dark LOL

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2545 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
I am a big Contender Encore fan. I have a 12” Blackout Encore barrel made by Van Horn.
The 300 BO/W barrels all seem to shoot well. Recoil not bad.
For my supersonic loads I have been using Lil Gun with good results.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking new toy. Always fun to get a new Contender or Encore or accessories. You know how you need a new gun? Use the mathematical formula; N+1= the number of new guns you need.N is the number you currently own. Oversimplified? Yep. But everyone should know their math. And it works for bicycles and motorcycles as well. Be Well, Packy