THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    XP-100 prices seem to be dropping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP-100 prices seem to be dropping
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone else think so?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't checked recently cause they were ridiculously high compared to what they sold for new. I haven't given over 550 for any of the 4 I have.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There were over a $1000 for a couple years, but I don't think any of them have sold for that. They seem to be around $600 for a nice clean one, or $850-1100 for a tricked out one, in a McMillan stock, with a custom barrel and a Burris on it.

Cheap ones with wierd stuff done to them or bad finish seem to be around $500.

I remember seeing some for over $1500 as soon as last year.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, knowing what cost was when they sold, I just have a hard time paying that kind of money for one. My best one was a 7mmBR. I had the chamber reamed out to 7-08. I wish my rifles were this accurate. Literally, one hole groups at 100 yards. The .35 Remington I have is no slouch either. I need to have the .308 rebarreled to get it to shoot worth a darn but sure do like them.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem is there isn't much else available.

A custom action 700 clone is about $850-1400, so even without a barrel and a stock it is the same cost as a 2nd hand XP.

HS Precision guns are now over $3000.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand. When Remington discontinued the XP and the XPR pistols, dealers cost was in the 450 dollar range. I should have bought more then.

One of Us
Picture of hdxr750
posted Hide Post
Wish I had one again.

NRA Life Member
From West Virginia, where the Sun shines in the sky
and the Moon shines in the basement

Posts: 175 | Location: Wheeling, WV | Registered: 03 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The irony is that those that have them really enjoy the challenge and all out fun of hunting/shooting them. The XP-100, XP-100R and Striker are off the market. There are some to be had, but few. The $$$ asking price essentially is what the market will bear. I have a switch bbl. The current market may be soft, but who knows what the market will allow in the future. Enjoy what you have as the current administration is seeking ways to undermine the 2nd amendment as we speak. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assume that we are talking the single shot actions. The big issue with supply is that so many were converted to BR rifles.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see tons for sale, and very few for sale that have been converted.

Locally I have seen none of either for sale.

Gunjoker is full of them.

Places like First Stop in Rapid City generally have one or two on a fairly regular basis, and Cabelas has a few on their website.

For some reason everyone has decided that they are worth $750-1050 as 221 Fireballs.

I bid on one today for what I thought was fair, I'll see if I get it or not.

At those prices it isn't but a couple hundred more and you are in the custom action category.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one went for $606, stock was junk, junk scope and a custom barrel.

I bid it up to $500, thought that was fair for the action. I guess this guy wanted it more than me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd take $600 for mine with 6-7 boxes of new Federal 7mm Int'l brass. Original stock and rechambered by IHMSA. I shot an 80x80 with it at the IHMSA championships in 1983 in Pheonix. I shot it once in 1984 and haven't shot it since.

Posts: 885 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW one in 7BR in fair shape just sold on GB for $606 including shipping.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Well I just bought a Remington custom shop XP 100 in .250 Savage wearing a 3x9 (2×7?) Burris for 800.00 with a lockable hard case. How'd I fare?

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are good prices. Especially that 250 Savage. I had forgot they made those.

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
It's a heavy bbl with gorgeous wood stock. I just cleaned it up and the metal is mint! Boltface is black. I'll post some pix tomorrow. I hope Burris can fix the scope, it's a 3x9 and has a very smooth power ring.

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That lot in Gillette are shooting them with high power rifle scopes. Ask Ernie Bishop about it.

I have not done it.

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post

Here it is. I'm trying to find a good, faster burning powder
that will eke out the most vel from a 15" tube and give me acceptable accuracy. I'll also have to decide if I keep the EER Burris or go HP rifle scope and crawl up on it. The .250 shouldn't be to bad for recoil.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exceptional!

Nice gun!

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I got the scope back. Burris said they replaced all the lenses, I don't know about that but the ocular and objective are spotless and the aberration on the inside is gone, so maybe they did. Anyway, 16 days from my house repair and then back. Not bad at all and no charge! I'm going to remount it and some tall Burris signature Rings just so I can use the inserts to get a little bit more elevation.