New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best 1000 yard group
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It is nice when you combine good quality components with good conditions.
All of these things came together for me this past weekend while shooting at 1,000 yards.
This is my best 5-shot group at 1,000 yards.
Eric Wallace (Nawakwa Accuracy) built this rig and it shoots and tracks like a dream.
Non-designated BAT action, 1-9 twist Bartlein barrel chambered in 7mm WSM, Nawakwa brake, Jewell trigger, Nawakwa bench stock (6” forend and 3” at the grip), Sightron S-III 8-32 with target dot, and I am using a prototype MAX Rest.
Winchester brass, Fed 210M's, H-1000, and 180 grain JLK's. Redding T-7 press and competition dies.
The 5-shot group was shot this past Saturday south of Sundance, WY at the 6th Annual MOA Cold Turkey Long Range Handgun Match at 1,000 yards and measured 3.8715 inches. http://www.moaguns.com/coldturkey.html
We have two classes in this match, and I shot this group during the Heavy Gun Class (Specialty Handgun weighing no more than 16 pounds and a barrel not exceeding 18”).
To say the least, I am a happy camper-Thank you to all who helped me accomplish this.
Ernie

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Incredible shooting!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful shooting!!! Congratulations.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is some fine shooting! Well done. It appears from the photo that you are measuring group size outside to outside on the bullet holes. Is this correct? My understanding is that groups are measured center to center. So you would need to subtract a bullet diameter using the outside to outside method. This would put your group at 3.5875 using a .284 bullet.

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobster,
Camera angle makes it look like that.
I wish it were smaller of course, but it is not.
Thank you!

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shocker Congratulations!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote