THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    Contender support discontinued?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contender support discontinued?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
I read on another forum that T/C-Smith & Wesson is stopping support for the Contender, has anyone heard this?

Steve..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heard the same thing but didn't confirm it.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Picked up the latest T/C catalog and they only list one or two carbine stocks for the Contender with no other mention. They seem to be only dealing with the Encore and the G2 Contender.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think there are enough aftermarket parts available to keep them going for years to come.

How much" support" do they need?

Mine are going on 30 years old and doing fine

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Mine broke a hammer spring about a dozen years ago. I called TC and they sent me a padded envelope with three of them. I hope if I ever break another I can find where I put that envelope.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote