THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    The new bolt action Remington?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new bolt action Remington?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Does anyone have experience with the new Remington bolt action pistol? .308 or otherwise? TIA. Packy

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Packy, that new 700 CP is just so bulky that I will be stunned if it becomes a best seller.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nosler has a very similar product out. You could find one of the old Remington bolt action pistols.

Everyone I have talked to says Remington has stopped all production and is selling heavy equipment off.

Posts: 10555 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an old one in 7MM BR. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at Bbl length specs.

The XP-100R Repeaters w/14.5" Bbls shoot well for their intended purposes.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They definitely sound interesting. Ws thinking about a simple rechambering to 284 Winchester on my XP. Packy

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Packy, that new 700 CP is just so bulky that I will be stunned if it becomes a best seller.

Besides being bulky, it's as ugly as can be.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 XP-100's. The new Remingon "pistol" is one of the ugliest handguns I've ever seen.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1093 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Packy...I have an early model XP-100 7 BR I rechambered to 284 W. Shot OK when you could keep it ahold of it...NO MB. Used to hand it to anyone that thought their 44 Mags and 454's were hairy. One shot and they were usually through with it...loose hold and it would thump you on your head...Re-barreled it to 7-08 with a heavier, longer Shilen barrel WITH a MB...Stays down now and still shoots great...120 gr VM's deadly out to 300 plus on sage rats and 140's/150's for anything larger. 284 W really didn't add too much more velo just a lot more muzzle blast, noise and recoil...Rifle OK, Pistol questionable.

Good Hunting tu2 beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second the 7mm-08! In my XP, both the 130 gr speer and the 139 gr shoot great and I was surprised at the velocity I was getting.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1093 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have thought about this and I am still stuck. What caliber. If a new barrel I think about 358 Winchester and 458 SOCOM. Packy.