Find
Notify
Tools

neat new topic....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
always wanted a .256 win mag in revolver... had 1 in a 10" contender, but ran a .225 reamer in it...its a good jackrabbit gun and has taken a whitetail doe on a cull hunt....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Go to www.rugerauctions.com and check out the .256 they have for sale. Ruger is selling some of the guns from their privat collection.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
good luck with the new forum thumb

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boom Stick, there was a fellow in CT who shot metallic silhouette matches with a bolt action pistol in 458 Win !! BOOM And that with full loads !! Couldn't hit much with it .Spotting for him or standing nearby you would get pushed back by the muzzle blast !! clap

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Boom Stick, there was a fellow in CT who shot metallic silhouette matches with a bolt action pistol in 458 Win !! BOOM And that with full loads !! Couldn't hit much with it .Spotting for him or standing nearby you would get pushed back by the muzzle blast !! clap

Sounds like maybe all he wanted was attention. Roll Eyes

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Bet he got it!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually IIRC his wife was very much involved with silhouette and he trailed along.I guess he had money to burn to have it made but it was lots of sound and not many hits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aw Shucks,

For a fleeting moment I thought this was going to be a "Handi Rifle" forum.....and I got all excited. It's still a great idea, just like the "Cleaning" forum.
Here's a suggestion: As a corollary, how about including Rifles chambered for rounds normally fired from handguns in this forum?

Cheers, Albatross.

Posts: 2497 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote