THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    The XP Remington should have built...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The XP Remington should have built...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GatorT/C
posted

Posts: 31 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Yes sir!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
AND

That is chambered in what cartridge?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4220 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GatorT/C
posted Hide Post
This one is a 25/06. My first left hand action one. I have done several right hand long actions.

Brad

Posts: 31 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WV3568
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! is the chassis your creation, it looks good

Posts: 75 | Location: South Charleston, WV | Registered: 13 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GatorT/C
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Yes I designed and built the chassis. It works on XP, model Seven and Remington 700 short and long left and right actions.

Brad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! How does it shoot?

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1093 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
That is indeed a super nice looking pistol. Remington would never build it, it makes too much sense.

Steve......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington no longer exists. There is no real market for the XP, but who knows what the new company may or may not do? Me, I’m not holding my breath...

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There is a huge market for used XP-100's, they generally go for $750 minimum, even for abused ones.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the new Remington gets Buds inventory filled up with actions again.

I'm not expecting much from them if they stay in New York.

Posts: 81 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Brad, love your XP and your chassis. Are you using the factory trigger arrangement?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GatorT/C
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Yes I am using the factory trigger and factory safety. I did lengthen the linkage to work with the long action.

Brad