THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    the most wasted space at AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the most wasted space at AR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
why in the f*** did this forum get opened?
what a waste.
how about a forun titled "european rifles".

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe, but you can always choose not to look, sort of like someone asking if you would like to see some lingerie ads featuring Carol Mosely-Brown or Hillary Klinton...

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hey there,

I normally don't do this, but I edited your colorful adjective a little.

To answer your question, someone asked for there to be a forum made because they had an interest in this topic. The owner of this site thought it was unique enough to deserve its own space and there you have it.

Time will tell how many people find an interest in it, and if you're not one of those that does not necessarily make it an invalid subject.

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:
what a waste.
Dude, Decaf, give it a try. FWIW I agree this topic is already well-handled by the Handgun Hunting and the Single Shot Pistols forums but the electrons are next to free and we're welcome to ignore topics that fail to thrill us. Anyway, have a better day.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
hey...lets have a few more...

45-70 forum...i will moderate hillbilly

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
hey...lets have a few more...

45-70 forum...i will moderate hillbilly
Nah, that's too broad a topic to earn the prized "What the f***?!!" rating. How about "Marlin Guide Guns for the Big Five"? banana

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i think a 45-70 forum would get more action than most boards her...

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I thought it was an interesting topic but didn't post any pics because I already did in another section. I don't consider any of my T/C Contenders to be hand rifles because they're all single shots and fit into another category. I have five different frames, 9 forearms, 11 grips, 4 scopes and 29 barrels. My collection includes all of the internal and external choke models and one of JD Jones original .45-70 barrels with no muzzle brake. My oldest model looks identical to the left hand model show on the first T/C Contender brochure including the left handed grip.

I do however have one hand rifle and it's a Savage Striker in .243Win with a 14" barrel. It wears a Burris 3x-12x with ballistic plex and hunter knobs, which by the way are useless. I've started using it for groundhogs and have managed to take one at 350yds which is about the limit with the load I'm using. Anything past that and the 58gr V-Max drops like a rock. I'm hoping to find a powder that will let me push them past 2600fps and still hold a decent group. I'm currently using 3031 and to date the smallest group I've managed to shoot with it was 3 shots @100yds in .228". It will regularly shoot under 3/8" now that I've done a little work on it.

Posts: 207 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I think one could argue that this is the least wasted space on AR, there are only 3 threads, and they can't be taking up too much space.

The ignorance crater, aka Political something, occupies huge volumes of space. It does allow two or three people to occupy their time however.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well guess what . . . ???

Thompson in 45/70 Govt.

The other barrel is 44 mag. which I suppose is a "cabine."

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
KSTEPHENS is best enjoyed in the IGNORE heading. He makes a little sound like a person holding their hand over his mouth. Really! Try it! Packy

One of Us
Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
What is wrong with this forum, there are more and more hunters and shooters out there looking for something a little more challenging and fun to shoot --hence the LRP's (long range pistols) or handrifles as a few call them. Hope the forum gets some attention.
nmhunter
PS I have several of those ""handrifles""
here is one of many, a 325 WSM it ain't no pop gun.

Posts: 34 | Location: Goodyear AZ | Registered: 25 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Let's see . . . .
Something is on the net, TV, magazine I don't like or agree with . . .

OK, the easy answer is I don't go there.

Just an opinion, and we all

KNOW what they say about opinions

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:
what a waste.
how about a forun titled "european rifles".

The most wasted space on this forum would have to be that used to make posts such as the one above.............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Kellet and have done business with him. He's a great guy...but...but...with regard to the forum; the most wasted space here is between his ears! I'm still awaiting delivery of my Comnpetitors or I'd be all over this space.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Yo Kellet, never criticize a man's taste in guns, women, motorcycles, or whiskey, or in Boomie's case, Tequila.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Let's just move on.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DEC, if you're still monitoring this thread, After much experimenting, I am using IMR 4064 with the 58 gr v-max from my .243 rifle. I am getting 3800 fps with sub-moa accuracy.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tom,maybe someone let him touch off a 7WSM in one and he got scarred... dancingOr maybe he don`t know a darned thing about them.. jumpingOr maybe he can`t hit a 1000 yd ram with his first shot from his shoulder rifle..I think that`s it... horse

Don`t ya wish ya had an XP

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Only three more replies and this is the most active thread on this forum... I've got a contender in several calibers, I guess 30-30 might get it into the hand-rifle category, but I do think there is a real need for a 45-70 24" SS laminated, lever gun forum I mean... really

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is a real need for a 45-70 24" SS laminated, lever gun forum I mean... really

Wrong, there is a real need for a 45-70 24" SS laminated scoped lever gun left handed shooter forum..

coffee

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
DAMIT! You lost me with scoped! I may still need to take a look cause of my lefthandedness... on the plus side the discussion the thread on why this forum is a waste is now the longest thread in HANDRIFLES... What was the name of Steve McQueens cowboy character who had the Lever pistol? Maybe we can salvage something here.

(Wanted: Dead or Alive)

Collins

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joss Randall

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Damit Edmond, How am I supposed to continue to disparage the French if you know our action hero's better than we do?!

Collins

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Maybe Paul Newman is his better, But Mr. McQueen (bullet) is a heck of a guy.

Collins

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrad:
DEC, if you're still monitoring this thread, After much experimenting, I am using IMR 4064 with the 58 gr v-max from my .243 rifle. I am getting 3800 fps with sub-moa accuracy.

Thanks, but you're shooting a rifle, I've only got a 15" tube and it's doubtful I can achieve that. I'm currently getting 2840fps with very nice groups. I've pushed it a little faster with a couple of other powders but my groups went to hell. I still may give 4064 a try, it's what I use in my 22-250.

Here's a picture of my target.

Posts: 207 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote