Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
What do you use? Would you buy another?TIA

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I usually use the Leupold 2.5 x 8 on all my scoped handguns especially Encore pistol barrels. Would I buy again, yes as long as I can find them new or used.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All my handgun Encores from 6mmAI to .338Mag JDJ have Burris 3-12 BPlexes. All function quite well with them.
I even have a 3-12BPlex on my "big boy", a .375/.284 XP for 16 years with no problems.
You can use the plexes to range to 500 yards with 7mm or less and 400 yards for .30 cal. and above. All my Contenders have them, too. A really great scope.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 246 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the one I was looking at was a Nikon, 2.5-8X. Anyone else use the 3-12 Burris?

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve E.:
I usually use the Leupold 2.5 x 8 on all my scoped handguns especially Encore pistol barrels. Would I buy again, yes as long as I can find them new or used.

Steve.........

Same here. For lighter recoiling cartridges, it may not matter but I've broken several scopes, including a couple of the Leupold 2.5-8x scopes, on my 460 and 500 S&W Magnums. It would be nice if they didn't break but Leupold, unlike Bushnell, stands behind their products and fixes them for free in a reasonable length of time.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ultradot 30MM will go on my hardest kickers. Was thinking of one for my 45-70 contender. But my question was for more conventional calibers like .308, 35 Rem, .243, 30-30, etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve E.:

Steve.........

Me too.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope some other ideas come up here. Ernie? Maybe I need to try the rifle scope idea? Have one available, just haven't made myself try it. One inch tube and the same rings as I'm using now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 5 Encore pistol barrels. I have 4X Leupold scopes on them except an old Burris 3X on one because I got it cheap.

I "personally"had problems with a variable scope working for me. The scope was good just did not work well for me.

I have been very happy with the 4X scopes and even the one 3X

Posts: 161 | Location: Denair Ca USA | Registered: 21 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
I have 8 Burris 3 x 12 on various Contenders, Encore, XP's and Strikers. Got a couple of TC 2x7 and a couple of Bushnell 2x6. All seem to get the job done, but I prefer the Burris.

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by packrattusnongratus:
I think the one I was looking at was a Nikon, 2.5-8X. Anyone else use the 3-12 Burris?

I had a Nikon 2.5-8X on my TC Contender 256 Win Mag. barrel. It was great from the bench at >6X but for field use at the lower magnification my arms are not long enough to get a full field of view. I replaced it with a Leupold Scout scope, 2.5X fixed powder. Now I'm ready for 'yotes.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Burris 3-9x on my Encore .308. It's been to Africa 3 times and I've not had to mess with the zero on any of the three.

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote