Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 JDJ Scores 2
 Login/Join

posted
Well, I got into the woods with my Contender yesterday and what a time I had. Last night about 5:30, I hit a 130 lb doe at 120 yards in a food plot. Bang...flop. The 120 grain Balistic Tip penetrated and she dropped instantly.
This morning, I was in the same stand when 2 big 8-pointers came out. They were trailing 3 does and looked like they wanted to fight. The bigger of the two walked out into the same food plot from last night. Bang...flop. 125 yards away. About 15 minutes later, the other 8-pointer and a forkhorn walked out. I was going to take that 8-pointer too, but he wouldn't stand broadside enough. Lucky him. The one I did shoot was 210 pounds live weight, 174 field dressed. I am seriously liking this cartridge.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Now THAT'S the way to break in a new barrel... thumb

Congratulations!

Now, how about some photos?

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As soon as I get this Photobucket thing working, they are en route.

posted Hide Post
8 points, 210 lbs live weight, 125 yards away. One shot...flop.
Here's me again with my deer and an Alpha Precision/ Fishpaw Dall Sheep Bisley.

I am the one in the hat. A buddy said that he didn't know that there were jackasses as well as deer at my club. What a pal, huh?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Mitch! Nice buck!
Gary T.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Mitch-

Thanks for sharing the photos -- and congrats once again. thumb

I get the feeling you and that 6.5 JDJ will be spending lots more time during hunting season. Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That feeling is right. I may have some hunting rifles up for sale before long!

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
And when you start to use the Contender and Encores as rifles, you will have come full circle and will never go back to the bolt guns... Smiler

I've finally had to give up the pistols for hunting for now as I have extreme pain in the hands. But the way my Contender rifles perform, they've made me forget about those 14 and 15" pistols.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
congrats Mitch...

I'll never be a TC guy, but I love to see a hunter have success with whatever he hunts with..

I am a 260 Rem Man myself..

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Kewl beans, Mitch! Where are you located? I am trying to remember what it is like to have sunshine and mild temperatures.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote