New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a 378 GNR?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone here shooting one of these? I am considering buying one.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had one for 4 years now. Mine is 15" total including the brake. I have taken 4 animals with mine including 3 deer and a Black Hawaiian Ram at ranges from 40 to 80 yards. I haven't had the opportunity to stretch the range out any. I find the cartridge very easy to load for and very accurate. My three primary loads consist of a 225 grain Hornady SP @ 2365 fps., a 270 grain Hornady SP @ 2325 fps., and a 260 grain Nosler Accubond @ 2345 fps. All three loads will shoot 1" or less for three shots @ 100 yards. Recoil is stout, but manageable with the muzzle brake. The cartridge appears very efficient considering when the length of the case is taken into consideration, you only have about 11" of barrel to burn the powder in. I can post pictures later if you want.

NRA Life Member
HHI Member
SCI Member

"get busy living... or get busy dying"

Posts: 103 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1. Mine is 14" with brake, heavy barrel topped with a 4x Leupold scope using 260gr Accubonds @ 2350fps. Been to Africa and has taken Gemsbuck @ 225yds, Kudu @ 260yds, Black Widebeast @ 185yds and Blesbok @ 150yds. Its a great medium range hammer and some of the guys with me in Africa took everything from Duiker to Cape Buffalo with the 378GNR. You will not be disappointed thats for sure. The 338GNR is no slouch either. If you need a bigger hammer go with Garys 416GNR or 450GNR.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, that seals it, I will be ordering a 15" barrel Monday.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote