Find
Notify
Tools

T/C Omega .50 cal. - opinions...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello, guys!
What is your opinion of the T/C Omega M/L..?

I missed one for sale and another showed up for sale.

Comments either yea or nay..?

Thanks,
Brittman

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I had an Omega X7 that I probably should have kept. Didn't realize it would be a rare model. It was accurate and easy to load. Not picky on what sabot or bullet you used.

Now I have 2 T/C Encores that have the QLA barrel. I have not shot them yet but I hear horror stories about the accuracy of these. I haven't read any bad reviews of an Omega.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
They seem to be nice guns, only shot one a couple times at a range once but wasn't any harder or easier to load than anything else modern. If you are happy with a price I don't see any reason not to get one.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7753 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one and really like it. I killed an elk in NM at 209 yards. It is a keeper, but I haven’t hunted with it in some time, our Louisiana definition of primitive weapons includes certain center fire single shots. I now shoot a .35 whelen during primitive seasons. Not too primitive, LOL. We have a lot of deer.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen for your comments - much appreciated!

I did purchase the Omega and hope to use it for deer hunting this coming fall season? I'm looking forward to using it.

Thanks, again!

Sincerely,
Brittman

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I have an Omega and it shoots great with Blackhorn 209 and Hornady Sabots. Blackhorn is a little on the pricey side but it's worth every penny.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2281 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Labman - I appreciate your comment! I have a bottle of that powder sitting here now, plus the sabots & bullets, too. (From what I've read, the powder is VERY clean burning?)

I just have to install the scope base and scope and head to the range. Looking forward to our deer season here now!

Thanks again and best of luck to you this fall!

Brittman

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will love it just get some cheap shots and 90- 100 t7.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.