Find
Notify
Tools

hornady FPB in a t/c?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
anyone have any experience with the hornady full bore bullets? i picked up some FPB .50 cal 300gr to test out in my t/c omega. eventually, when i can get the wife away from the east coast, we'll be residing in Colorado (next spring hopefully), and i can't use sabots out there.

so in a little planning ahead, i grabbed some of these while i was at bass pro the other day.

i've always shot 250gr sabots with great success out of my encore and omega. anyone having any info with loadings and accuracy with these? i refuse to shoot powerbelts (use to, never again), so i figured i'd give these a try.

thank you
cooper

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try chuckhawks.com Lot's of muzzleloader info here!

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tested the FPB 350 in my lyman gph. They shot "ok", not quite as good as the 338 powerbelts and were harder to load. So no point to them for me, used the 338's. Tried a bunch of bullets, Barnes TMZ and TEZ sabots, Precision Rifle semi spitzer, Maxi Hunters, Buffalo Bullets, FPB, none of them shot as good as the powerbelts nor loaded as easily.

Posts: 178 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote