New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going to try something new next year
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am an avid handgun hunter so this should be a good fit. The killing "range" for our tree stand or blind is roughly 30 yards. If you get really lucky you might add another 10 if you pick a shot through all the bushes and branches. Then it seems like no matter which way I am sitting a deer will come in on my off side making a rifle almost useless because I am no good shooting right handed.
Our ML season ends next Friday so wont have it in time to test fire and mount a sight (either red dot or 2X scope) and sling as I just ordered it today.
It should be fun and different for next year:
http://www.cva.com/CVA-Store-View.php?id=579

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks fun to me!
I see no reason why it wouldn't be an effective deer-taker especially within the ranges you're shooting.

I've used the Contender CF for several decades now and love "pistol" hunting. Kind of the same thing.

Keep us posted.
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always wanted to kill a deer with a Howdah. This would be close. It should be a blast, and let us know how it turns out. I am betting just fine. Will the twist let you use big conical? If it does not that is ok as they are not necessary.

Posts: 10587 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote