New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traditional ML Forum
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those that might have an interest in traditional muzzleloading, here a site strictly for traditional shooters and hunters:

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.....php?referral/24321/

Posts: 77 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been a member for a long time. It's a group devoted to doing things the old way. Very different basic mentality from AR and other sites.

In other forums like AR, the muzzleloaders are mostly people who increase their hunting opportunities by using this tool.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like Cliques, Snobs, Hypocrits, and Claude's(owners) personal ass kissers go hang out at TMF.

Just don't ever question the hypocrisy of the rules/TOS...like the rule about not posting any link to other forums...like you did here.

Don't question the hypocrisy of supporting an anti-gun business, so you(the Owner,Claude) can make money off the forum, while proclaiming how much you support gun rights. That'll get you banned.

Don't ever question unsafe advice given by one of Claudes cronies or one of the gold star(paying) members, that's likely to get you banned.

To hear Claude and his cronies tell it there isn't another place on the web you can go to get the information that is on his forum. Ohh except the Traditon Muzzleloading Association or the ALR or TradRag or Muzzleloading on the Cheap or Black Powder Firearms or Black Powder Times or the Border Camp...well you get the idea.

You can keep the TMF, I'll stick to friendly places.

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CowboyCS:
If you like Cliques, Snobs, Hypocrits, and Claude's(owners) personal ass kissers go hang out at TMF.

Just don't ever question the hypocrisy of the rules/TOS...like the rule about not posting any link to other forums...like you did here.

Don't question the hypocrisy of supporting an anti-gun business, so you(the Owner,Claude) can make money off the forum, while proclaiming how much you support gun rights. That'll get you banned.

Don't ever question unsafe advice given by one of Claudes cronies or one of the gold star(paying) members, that's likely to get you banned.

To hear Claude and his cronies tell it there isn't another place on the web you can go to get the information that is on his forum. Ohh except the Traditon Muzzleloading Association or the ALR or TradRag or Muzzleloading on the Cheap or Black Powder Firearms or Black Powder Times or the Border Camp...well you get the idea.

You can keep the TMF, I'll stick to friendly places.

Colin

Ha! I thought I was the only one who felt that way about that place

Posts: 129 | Location: mo | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TML is just a forum ain't it? Why the hysterics? Reminds me of some of the "angry typists" down in the political forum.
That's not me, I found some good information on TML that helped me get my flintlock lined out, and friend of mine uses it for advice when he is building his own flintlocks. Their are pricks on every forum, it's human nature, deal with it.

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Most of us do deal with it and warn others about the pricks that are on those forums.

Just joined a forum did a introduction post and after 28 views not one welcome or hello or even a two letter HI.
Reposted a new thread that I had joined to share ideas and since they were so friendly to just remove my membership.
I go a PM from the admi. saying it was a family friendly forum and to give them time.
Sent back a PM that I had grew up in an area of friendly people who were close nit and didn't socialize well with others. Didn't need a forum where the friendly people were like that.
Was tough going to school with the same kids for 8 years and they still stuck to family groups. they even had the nerve to send me a 30 year class reunion invite. figure must only be 10 or 15 left from my class and they need money.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get in trouble there all the time because one of the moderators is a PRB Nazi and we get into fights all the time.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to belong there and do believe it is a good site for information. I never got into any urinating matches with anyone but left because of a policy or two that were simply beyond my capacity to agree with.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I started to register there, but before doing so I looked at the "NO OPINION ALLOWED" rules!
SO, I simply didn't register. I agree with their requiring family friendly dialog but debates on opinion not being allowed seems a little like an "Agree with me or leave" type situation.

I wanted to join because my interest in MLs is only traditional PREMITIVE percussion, and Flint true primitive muzzle loaders. The new break-top and scoped things simply do not interest me. I have zero problem with others using them however.

If the place had been a little more open I think it would have a much better source of shared info. I have five muzzleloaders, and have hunted with muzzleloaders for most of my adult life.

.................................................................. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm wishing I hadn't posted that site here. Since posting it, I also too have discovered the narrow minded stance that is taken. Don't go there often anymore...can't stand the arrogance and control.

Posts: 77 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't go there I am savage smokeless type of guy.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
I am a non-participating member there. Discovered quickly that I didn't know enough about the subject to ask questions that might get a response. Don't get me wrong, there are a few helpful folks there, just not many.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I like Claude's forum. I am a subscriber. I'm comfortable with the rules, and prefer a forum where discussion of inlines and BP substitutes is discouraged.
Many forums have "personalities."
I got a belly full of the Greybeard forums, and the Traditional Hide. Now there's one run on personal whims.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also like that forum. I'm too new to be aware of any unpleasantness. All I've experienced are the benefits of so much generous help and information as I've commenced my muzzleloader journey.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote