New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whoooo one more week until deer hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Kentucky's first muzzle loader season (just two days) opens next Saturday. Good hunting to you all.

Posts: 10587 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, we're waiting. And need pictures, too. A full report in triplicate...

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry. It has been brutal. The weekend season saw highs of 87 degrees
I saw one doe. I did kill a full bag of mysqutoes (sp). Last weekend firearm turkey came
back around. The temps dropped to 30 degrees in morning and 60 during day. The turkey story is in the US hunting section. Pm email adress for pictures if desired.

Posts: 10587 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wife shot a nice fat 6 point on first day of ML here. Her first for a ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Snowwolfe. The weather has broke her and Saturday gives another chance. You have a good wife.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three days ago she was in the same blind she shot the 6 point from. Only this time had a cup of coffee with her as it is only about 200 yards from the house.
Wouldn't you know it. Coffee cup in hand and out comes what she described as a gorgeous 8 point that quickly walked by before she could get ready to shoot.
Oh well, sometimes we are the windshield, sometimes the bugSmiler

Turkeys are on the move down here. Yesterday I watched a flock of 9 females walk by me then 30 minutes later a flock of 10 males. Seems to be a great year for them.

Cant figure the deer out. We both hunted hard last two days in the same spots and neither seen or heard any deer. Maybe the large moon is making them go nocturnal.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote