New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gary "Doc" White Passed Away
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw a post earlier this week that Doc White, who invented White Muzzleloading Rifles, has passed away in Roosevelt Utah

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary white was one of the good guys and certainly one of the pioneers of the popularity of traditional muzzleloaders. Green River and White Rifles are both products of Doc White. May he rest in Peace

Posts: 350 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Sad news for the muzzleloading world. Prices on these rifles are going to continue to rise

Rest In Peace Doc

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I remember reading very good things about his Green River rifles being both accurate and powerful. I think he was a dentist, if I recall correctly.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16317 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, Doc was a general practitioner but specialized in GI tract ailments.

Obituary

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I remember reading very good things about his Green River rifles being both accurate and powerful. I think he was a dentist, if I recall correctly.

Absolutely Green River Rifle Works produced some of the nicest and now most collectible Hawken replicas made.

RIP sir.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2788 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote