New
Find
Notify
Tools

New sight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got a new Lyman 17AHB globe sight installed on my son's Muzzleloader.It has a Williams FP peep sight with target knobs. I am going to try it out tomorrow.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Well it looks nice, let us know how it shoots!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sighted it in today out to 150 yards. The sights worked great.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Lyman Receiver sight on my Lyman Great Plains 54 cal. rifle with a custom rifle slug twist, its very accurate at under 2 inches at 100 yards, at least most of the time..

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How is this sought planning out? I'm about to build a custom Omega and custom Knight Mountaineer. Both will have irons and I want an aperture with knob but not wanting to use my PNW sight on Lipski base. I just need a sight with adjustments that are good to 300yds or so.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mmfreak:
How is this sought planning out? I'm about to build a custom Omega and custom Knight Mountaineer. Both will have irons and I want an aperture with knob but not wanting to use my PNW sight on Lipski base. I just need a sight with adjustments that are good to 300yds or so.

This set up shoots very well. I sighted this rifle in to 250 yards. I have no doubt that I can go out much farther. In these pictures my son is shooting the rifle out to 250 yards. You can see two dark bullet marks on the second picture.

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
I've got the same rear sight on my White Tail Hunter. For the money they are very hard to beat.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote