ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Looking for a load for Cooper Muzzleloader

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a load for Cooper Muzzleloader
 Login/Join

Picture of john7997
posted
Guys,
Just purchased a Cooper Model 22 ML. This gun has a 26 inch match grade barrel made by Wilson Combat. 1:28 twist 209 ignition. Im seeing if anyone has a Cooper and if so have you found a decent load yet? The factory used a 300 grain scorpion with 110 grains of Blackhorn 209. All 3 bullets were touching each other at 100 yards. Im seeing if anyone may have a load for 250 grain Jacketed Hydrocons???

Posts: 18 | Location: King Salmon, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make muzzleloader bullets and don't understand why guys want a bullet under 300gn.

Picture of john7997
posted Hide Post
Dear 7mmFreak,

I am asking about the lighter bullet for increased muzzle velocity and less bullet drop and long distances.

As to reply to your arrogant comment...I live in America and it is my right to own a Ford, Chevy or Dodge truck. If i want to shoot a 250 grain bullet its my right.

Im not an ostrich and I don't believe in keeping my head buried in the sand. Stay tuned.

Posts: 18 | Location: King Salmon, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is your right but that 250gn bullet will be overcome by a heavier and more aerodynamic bullet by 200yds if not closer. It will have less velocity, energy, and momentum. I'm trying to help you out, not be arrogant. I understand you likely won't shoot a muzzleloader that far but I have side by side tests that prove the point to 600yds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had some load suggestions, but I don't want to be called "arrogant" (or anything else) so I'll just keep them to myself and let the OP figure it out on his own.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote