New
Find
Notify
Tools

filled the freezer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
took stroll on a piece of public property close by last night and bumped a couple of spike bull Elk, this guy and a couple more young bucks. Took him with an inline conversion I built years ago on a rolling block action. The shot was about 75 yards away.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Nice buck!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
About 10 years ago, I was on leave from the military and the old man and I were sitting on a big clearing waiting for something to happen. It was toward the last day of the season and he had not killed an elk or a deer. He was holding his beloved 58 cal smokepole and a forkie mulie buck showed up to become backstraps. He took one .58 cal hole behind the shoulder and didn't move. Just stood there and took his punch like a prizefighter until his blood quit pumping and he fell over.

I love big bore cals on deer.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a hunter,
Damn, I thought I was the only one that preferred deer meat to elk!! Guess if your raised eating deer, then that's whatcha like best...not to say I don't like elk, I do.

About the only thing I don't eat is pronghorn..taste to much like horse. and yes I have tried both horse,Zebra, and antelope and burro for that matter, will eat them but not fond of them..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray:

Have you ever tried beaver roast?
A bit greasy if not cooked real hot. but, good taste. Chucks are not too bad either if you get a younger one.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too love deer meat a bit more than elk....but I'll happily eat either one and regularly do.

Your buck and rifle are both delicious-looking!

Congratulations,
Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
George
I ate some Beaver tail one time, had an Indian guide in Alaska that cooked it over coals..I liked it, but Im sure you know that stuff just taste better in the bush or mountains, then when you get home some of it tastes like crap!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Atkinson, pronghorn is pretty bad when raised on
sage but I got a surprise when I had some raised in a wheat field !! Delicious .

one of us
posted Hide Post
SKB,
I really like that muzzle loader, Where can I get one or can I??

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120