ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    stuff for TC, base and vari-flame adapter for converting 209 to LR primer

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stuff for TC, base and vari-flame adapter for converting 209 to LR primer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
for anyone interested, i have a couple of MZ items for sale in the classifieds.

a scope base for TC omega/encore

and a vari-flame adapter for the same. it converts from the regular 209 shotgun primers to utilize a large rifle and i believe a large pistol primer.

the vari-flame worked well for what little i used it. but now that i'm in CO and cannot use a scope, i'd rather go back to the simpler 209s since i'm not quite as concerned with itty bitty groups since i just can't see as well with iron sights as i can with optics.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...2711043/m/3011029532

http://forums.accuratereloadin...2711043/m/9111009532

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John:
Do a test, paint the front sight white.
IF that works better to see as it did for me.
Get on Midways listings and order a 3/32" white spot Marbles.

Do a good measurement of height and width of the dovetail. Don't take much where they won't fit the notch.

Sure made all the difference in the world for my shooting. From dead last out of 15 shooters in the match's. To 2nd or 3rd regular and won a few too with the same group of guys.

These sights only cost about $12.

Good luck,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote